four

chapter four! | capture it.

J A C E.

"What time did you give them?" Questioned my friend, Brooklyn who was leaning against the wall frustrated.

Serenity and her team were almost forty five minutes late. I had tasks to do after this and I have no time to waste.

"I said two. Should I maybe call and reschedule?" I was honestly expecting some decency from her but of course she's a celebrity. She probably thinks the world waits for her.

"Hell no! That girl ain't Beyoncé. She better bring her ass on or—" A throat cleared making our heads turn towards the door.

An older woman who looked about in her thirties stood in the doorway, with a amused expression, in a sarcastic way.

Serenity stood in the background, biting the inside of her cheek. She looked hurt in a way. I knew my teacher will not be pleased with this.

"Her ass is here and fully ready and I do not—" She paused once Serenity placed her hand on her shoulder.

"It's fine," She smiled but I knew this one was fake. I couldn't tell if she was bothered, pissed or both. "And we're late because L.A traffic in the afternoon is always a hassle not because we like the pleasure of pissing others off. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Brooklyn and I exchanged glances before beginning to set up our equipment. Serenity grabbed an outfit from the rack and went to change without saying a word. I felt the deadly stare from the woman I'm assuming is her mom or something.

"This is hella awkward." I mumbled to Brooklyn. She chuckled in response and looked over at the people leaning against the wall.

"At least they get an idea that we don't play bullshit. Traffic or not, it's common curtesy to at least shoot a text."

Just as I was about to speak, I looked up from my things and stared at Serenity. Her raven hair was curled to perfection and she wore a somewhat pastel pink outfit along with a matching jacket. She caught my stare and sent me a small smile that was so gorgeous.

"Let's get this started, shall we?"

S E R E N I T Y.

"Can I get a smile lil mama?" The photographer, who I now know as Jace, asked smoothly.

I flipped my hair over my shoulder and smiled into the lens. I love being in front of the camera, even as a child. It felt as if I were on those supermodels that everyone adored.

"You did great." Melanie smiled wiping my forehead that was covered in sweat because of the lighting. "Another great shoot...hopefully." She mumbled eyeing Jace. I slapped her arm and told her to play nice.

I skipped over to Jace who looked frustrated with his computer at the moment. His face softened once he saw me standing in front of him.

"Are they done?" I squealed in excitement. Jace sighed and shook his head.

"I was able to save them to my camera but my laptop died during the sending process. I actually wanted to discuss any concepts you would like. Anything in mind?"

"Concepts? Not really," I chuckled rubbing my arm. "I'm free tomorrow to talk about that if you are."

"Yeah. I'll email you a location once this piece of shit gets some juice." I giggled at his statement and nodded.

"And again, I'm sorry we were late. We're usually on top with schedules." I say sincerely.

I was one of those people who likes to show up to things early solely because you never know what can happen along the way.

"I understand. I'd just like a heads up next time, okay?"

"Deal." I smile holding out my hand. He stared at it for a moment before extending his as well to shake. "I hope I'll be shook by your work Mr. Taylor."

"I don't know about all that," He chuckles softly. It was the first time I've seen his smile all day. "But I can guarantee that you'll be pleased."

"Hate to interrupt this little conversing station but we need to go like now." Melanie pried us apart, grabbing my hand leading me to the exit while I looked back at Jace. I was getting ready to wave but she slammed the door.

"I don't trust him," Melanie states getting into the limo. "And you shouldn't either. He looks like a hoodlum." I cringed at her statement deciding not to respond. She, out of all people that, should know that I loathe judging.

Instead of feeding into her, I just looked out the window as we headed off to wherever next.

____________

hi! this was like a filter chapter, the start of serenity and jace's friendship and what not 💛

vote, comment, share! 💋