nineteen

chapter nineteen!
back to you.

S E R E N I T Y.

The loose curly strands of my hair moved with the slightly mild breeze as my body rocked back and forth on the rustic swing. I ended up in the neighborhood I lived in when I first moved to L.A. It reminds me of the determination and strive I had for myself.

I've been M.I.A for the past nine hours and I was pretty sure that my team has almost every police officer looking for me. The nighttime was here and I finally decided to turn my phone back on to let someone know where I was.

I clicked on the contact I wanted and held the phone to my ear, hoping that they'd pick up and on the second ring they surprisingly did.

"Serenity? Where the fuck are you?" Jace spat through the phone. The worry and fright in his tone was clear as day. "That came out wrong. I'm sorry but please tell me you're okay." He said more calmer.

"I'm fine. I just needed to clear my head." I reassured and I heard him sigh with relief. "I'm sorry."

"Where are you? I'm with Joel, we've been riding around for the past three hours looking all over L.A."

I instantly felt the regret and told him where I was. He said for me to stay put and that they'll be here shortly.

I was mentally drained and I was not prepared to get an earful of how I embarrassed the label and once again put my career on the line.

The pressure I put on myself is what most consider my biggest problem. My mom always said that if I stress just enough, I'll put myself in the hospital.

I knew she was right but I have a duty to the millions that made me who I am. They mean the absolute world to me and my job was to provide them with good music and to be an exceptional role model.

My eyes squinted once a car light flashed in my face. Before I could blink, I was in Jace's arms. He squeezed onto me for dear life and I just let him. It felt good to feel the warmth and presence of him.

"I thought I almost lost you." He mumbled into the crook of my neck and the guilt came rushing back.

"I'm sorry." I say again, not that it would have made any difference. He pulled away, moving hair from my face and studying my appearance. "Dude, I'm fine." I giggled rolling my eyes.

"Just making sure," He left a kiss on my forehead then intertwined our fingers. "Let's get you something to eat, you hungry?" He asked and I nodded.

We headed back to the car where Joel gave me a toothless smile. I reminded myself to now make him number one of my apology list. I really need to think before I act sometimes. I watched Jace while looked at the people passing us in cars and on the sidewalk.

"Why'd you come and look for me?" I asked fiddling with the pink paint on my fingers. "I thought you kinda sorta hated me."

"I couldn't even if I tried." He admitted. "We shouldn't have stopped speaking for something so stupid but we can talk bout' that later, okay?"

"Yeah," I smiled laying my head on him now all I ask for now is him not to leave my life again.

_____________________

i'll now be updating friday- sunday sometimes throughout the week but barely. i love you guys 💞