thirty

do i smell frequent updates? i think so! heads up, from here on out, things move pretty fast! much love. ✨ thanks for 4K reads my loves! 🦄

chapter thirty.
the night of their lives.

J A C E.

"Damn." Both Brooklyn and Swan mumbled in unison. They were struck by the amount of people and cameras inside and out of Serenity's mansion. The cover of her album was shown on the large screen in the living room as people drank and enjoyed the vibes.

 The cover of her album was shown on the large screen in the living room as people drank and enjoyed the vibes

It felt good knowing that I was able to bring her idea of individuality to life. Although I played such a minor part, it was still something to be proud of. My camera hung around my neck, hoping to capture memories for later on.

"This whole party is worth more than my life times a thousand." Brooklyn squeals. It's funny because she's more so the calm one out of us but she was acting the complete opposite tonight.

My eyes searched for the woman of the hour until I spotted her beside a couple who looked as if they were her parents. She had extensions in her hair while she wore a see through navy blue dress.

"Holy fuck is that Khalid?" Brooklyn breaks my thoughts with her drooling. Before I could respond, she was gone. And Swan was already gone, he found himself a friend in Aaliyah. So it was just me.

I ended up finding a seat off to the side and just observed everything that was just transpiring. The speakers were playing some tracks from her album and it looked everyone was digging it.

"It's a beautiful sight, isn't it?" Serenity said, linking our arms together. I didn't even hear her walk up to me, you would think with the heels she had on that I would've.

"It is." I agreed. "And I'm so happy for you. You deserve all of this and more." I hold my camera up. "May I?"

"You didn't even have to ask." She grins, taking several steps out. Making sure her attire was right, she made a pose and in total I took about five.

"You're so beautiful

"You're so beautiful." I mumble, looking at the shots I took. She grins with semi red cheeks before her arms found its way around my neck.

"I appreciate you coming out here. It really means a lot, besides this is your celebration too. You helped."

"Yeah." I chuckled. "With a cover. I wasn't up in the studio at all times of the night actually working. That was you. And for that, I pray that you get the credit and respect you deserve. It's way overdue that people realize what a beautiful soul you are."

No words were said. When her lips fell with mines, I was in a bliss. They had a distinct taste of strawberries. Coos and camera clicks were heard and we pulled away, looking in the direction of both seeing a bunch of people being nosey.

"Shit." She hisses. "I can bargain with them and—" I stopped her with multiple pecks on her lips and her smile becomes large. "And you're sure about this?"

"Yeah I am."

S E R E N I T Y.

I was grateful. More than grateful really. I was blessed. This night was going beautifully. And most important, there was no drama. There wasn't a time when my smile fell during the night and I don't see it happening either.

"Serenity," Melanie said swiftly interrupting the conversation between me and an interviewer. "It's time." I nod and trailed to the stage.

"Excuse me loves," I speak into the mic as the music cuts off and heads turn. First I'd like to thank everyone for such a large turn out, makes me feel like I'm actually somebody. Next is the label and my beautiful team especially my partner in crime, my manager Melanie. Hey girl," I point to her and she blows a kiss. "My parents, siblings and friends for the everlasting encouragement and love. To my beautiful other, thank you for just being you." I smile spotting Jace beside his friends.

"And to my lovely fans around the world, this is dedicated to you! I love you all." I squeal holding up my water. The room broke into an unforgettable applause while my first single started to play as I exited from the stage.

Tonight was a total success. I was loving every moment of it. A dream I would definitely never wake up from.