thirty three

chapter thirty three.
no longer unknown.

J A C E.

"This food is sooo good." Serenity exclaims dramatically stuffing a forkful of her breakfast into her mouth. I took her to one of my favorite restaurants and surprisingly she has never been on this side of California.

On her plate she had, fruity french toast with turkey bacon and cheese eggs while I got my usual, their breakfast quesadilla and hash browns. It felt nice to be out with her. She's one of those people you can talk to for hours straight and not get bored with.

Of course, people recognized her and wanted pictures. Some actually talked to me which was new, but I liked it. I checked my phone to just check it and saw a message from my bank saying that $5000 was put into my account.

I looked at Serenity who just finished her second glass of orange juice. "You okay?" I handed her my phone and she scanned over it before giggling. "That's your cut for doing my cover. You'll get more as the sales boost." She informs.

I wasn't expecting this much, maybe a good few hundreds but this was much more and I was grateful. I already knew what to do with half of it.

"I got a album listening gig and an interview in a few, wanna tag along?"

"Sure. The album looks to be doing amazing according to all of these articles. Every single one has a high review."

"I know," She sighs happily. "I'm really shooting for a Grammy. It's literally my only dream as an artist. Even if I'm just nominated, being in a room with such great artists and great music is enough to put me on Cloud Nine forever."

Seeing her talk so confidently about her passion really fascinates me. I know for sure all of her music goals will be accomplished by her third album.

"We are here for multi platinum singer Serenity Knight for the release of her self titled that is currently number one in over 50 countries. Isn't it amazing?"

I sat in the front row with my camera in my lap. Her smile got larger when the host acknowledged her accomplishments. It was beautiful.

 It was beautiful

"God is amazing. He really is."

"Can you begin to even describe how you're feeling right now? Like does it feel surreal?"

"It really does. To be honest, after my first album and everything that happened in between, I was ready to give up on music as crazy as that may sound because I'm a musical freak."

"What kept you sane during your musical process because some of your lyrics are so relatable, it's scary."

"Really? That's a new one," Serenity chuckles moving hair from her face. "I think what some people fail to realize is that even celebrities are humans and we feel the emotions like everyone else does but my team kept me focused and that lovely guy on the end right there." She smiles pointing to me.

It felt kinda odd being put on the spot, with everyone staring but anything to keep her happy.

"Well it is refreshing to see you happy again. We hope that Mr. Right over there will be a redeemer," The host says to me and I slightly nod. A redeemer? Serenity shifts uncomfortably in her seat while still smiling. "What can we expect to see on tour?"

"I don't wanna say too much on it but you can expect something new, something a bit more edgier than the last

"I don't wanna say too much on it but you can expect something new, something a bit more edgier than the last. I'm super excited about that."

The interview lasted about half an hour more before they wrapped it up and Serenity stayed behind to tend to her fans. I stayed beside Joel and just watched how she really loved every one of them.

 I stayed beside Joel and just watched how she really loved every one of them

"She really likes you." Joel says to me. "It's new to her. Her last relationship was out and in the public and people watched it crash and burn. That guy was nuts and comparisons will come up very frequently. I suggest finding a way to just ignore it. Serenity is what you should be focused on."

"She gave me a heads up on how the public will take us, it's something that I gotta get used to, you know? I kept a low profile all my life and now it'll be out there for everyone to see."

"This may be an old fashioned quote but change can be good. I say you make the best of it."

I stay inaudible while I watched Serenity wrap up her mini meet and greet. She skips over to us, giving the two of us a suspicious look, "What were y'all chatting about?"

"You're so nosey," I roll my eyes. "Let's get out of here."