twenty nine

so the kid got herself in trouble so im just gon drop this right quick. i'll be writing from the computer which is new but hey, it might be better.

also gots a new story coming :)

chapter twenty nine!
countdown.

J A C E.

"Girl can you slow down before you hurt yourself?" Laughing, I help Serenity unload some more props into her house for her album release party tomorrow.

"This is important." She protests. "I want tomorrow night to be absolutely perfect."

"And it will." I retort, kissing her nose. She was overthinking this way too hard. "Where do you want these to go?"

"The corner please." I sit the boxes down and turn back around to see her bending over, counting some items. I sneak up behind her, pressing myself against her butt. "Stoppp." She moans quietly. I chuckle giving it a smack and she yelps. "Asshole."

I help unpack some more things up until Melanie comes with members to set up in the living room. I know she's trying to warm up to me but she has a funny way to showing it.

"She's just another one that's really protective of me. Don't worry though," Serenity says, sensing the now changed vibe. "I think once we go on tour, you two will become acquaintances."

"We?" I furrow my eyebrows and her face turns to like a deer caught in the lights. She chuckles nervously while walking into the kitchen. "Serenity."

"Okay," She sighs with defeat. "Remember when I said I had a proposition but we kept getting interrupted?" I nod. "Well, I wanted to ask if you'd be more than willing to join me as my photographer. You'll get a cut every show, I can arrange something as far as school goes, I can do all of that if you say yes."

Shocked wasn't the word to describe my emotion right now. I wanted to do it, there's no doubt about it, but could I? "Can I get some time to think about it?"

"Yeah. For sure. Take as much time as you need. I hope you will though. You are amazing at your craft and the world needs to see it." She brushes pass me to go into the living room to see how the process of the decorating.

"I swear on everything if you say no—" Brooklyn rants. Serenity left to get her hair done so I headed home and told the annoying girl my offer. "If you don't, I will. Shit. Sold out arenas? A different city everyday? That is the life I want to live."

"I'm considering it first." I said for the thousandth time since I came home. I plopped on the couch closing my eyes until I felt a small hand collide with the side of my head.

"But for what? There's nothing to consider. This is Serenity for crying out loud. I think you should take it, not because she's your girl but because you really deserve this Jace. This is your chance to show those people who you are and what you can do."

S E R E N I T Y.

"It's been a while since you've visited here hun, I thought you found yourself a new stylist." Gina, my hairdresser, says sitting me under the dryer. "How's the album coming along?"

"It comes out tomorrow G." I giggle. "I thought you would have known that."

She scolds herself, sitting in the chair beside me. "You know your girl is very forgetful. It probably slipped my mind but I will definitely buy it."

Thanking her, I look at the TV screen mounted to the wall that is playing Extra. I swear this girl watches nothing but this and those reality shows.

"Next up on Extra, our crew spots Serenity Knight out for a night of adventure with her supposed new bae," I smile at seeing pictures of Jace and I walking hand in hand. Kinda confused on how I didn't spot them but it's okay.

"The pair were spotted several months ago at the VMA after party and also left together. Sources say that the mystery guy will be at the release party of her new album which debuts at midnight." Loving the promo. "We'll be keeping our eyes open on this story."

"And how didn't I know about this?" Gina shouts plucking my arm. I wince in pain before laughing. I consider her a friend more than anything. She's a delight to be around.

"Like you said before, you are very forgetful."

"Touché."

My hair was done in a matter of hours and I had time to rest up before taking my part as a roadrunner again. I already knew I wouldn't be able to get sleep, I was that stoked for it. As I was riding home, I felt my phone buzz and saw a message from Jace.

— yes.
9:49 p.m

— yes... what? 🤔
9:50 p.m

— yes i will be your photographer and join you on tour. 😌
9:53 p.m

I squealed a little too loud at that last text because Joel scolded me for piercing his ears. "Sorry about that bud."

lowkey hated the way this ended, sighs in failure..