ten

chapter ten! | back down memory lane.

J A C E.

We ended up taking a cab to Serenity's house. The ride itself took about an hour and a half because of traffic. Swan said that the rest of the show went on but a majority left after the incident.

Serenity paid the driver before he continued down the street. The houses in her neighborhood were something out of a movie. From the outside, it looked glorious but inside made the outside look average. She had style.

 She had style

She unlocked her door, letting me in first

She unlocked her door, letting me in first. She clapped once and the lights downstairs turned on automatically. She threw her bag and I followed her into the kitchen. She was quiet leaving the school, in the car, and still now.

"Are you hungry?" She speaks up, going through some delivery menus. "I can call for a pizza or something."

"What I want is to know that you're okay."

"I guess so. He's just a complete asshole. He has been since I known him. He doesn't care about anything but himself." Serenity shrugged dialing a number on her phone.

She placed an order of a pepperoni pizza and a platter of hot wings. She handed the money to the man that was with us and told him to go pick it up.

"If you don't mind me asking, what was the deal between you two?"

Her head slowly turned towards me as she let out a sigh. "The real question is do you really wanna know?" I nodded seating myself in the stool next to her.

"Well it was my first album release party. Everyone was there. I was celebrating something me and my family have dreamed of since I was little. Mel had introduced me to him and his manager. They talked about us collaborating so we began to talk about our music styles. Of course, we were young and got distracted and ended up dancing and laughing the whole night."

She took a deep breath as her bottom lip began to tremble. I placed my hand on top of hers caressing it softly. I understood that this was a sensitive topic for her, now I kinda felt bad for bringing it up.