six

chapter six! | an intriguing mystery.

S E R E N I T Y.

I was still at the coffee shop, getting to know Jace a little better despite me having a label meeting earlier. By the time, I had noticed I was already an hour late so I didn't bother to even leave. That'll be hell for me to pay later.

"So what made you want to take up photography?" I asked sipping some of my tea.

"It was just an instinct, you know? It was something I grew to love, similar to you and your singing."

I shook my head in disagreement setting the mug on the table. "Definitely not. You have freedom with your passion. You get choose your next move."

"And you don't?" I just shrugged. I didn't want to speak on my situation and have him thinking I'm searching for sympathy.

"Let's just say, there are some things I'd like to do on my own. Sometimes I just feel like I'm the employee instead of the employer."

"Last time I checked, this is a free country. You should stand your ground Serenity. Don't let these knuckleheads use your voice as their personal money maker."

I nodded understanding his words but he makes it sound so simple when it's far from it. I'm under contract for two more albums which means until then they have control of my decisions.

I looked up from the wooden table I felt his warm hand on top of mine. "I believe in you whether we just yesterday or not. You just need the right push."

J A C E.

It was now going on eleven at night and the owner practically kicked Serenity and I out. We were now on standing on the corner of the sidewalk, waiting on her driver to pick her up. 

I really enjoyed myself with her. I knew she was still holding some things back but I was than determined to uncover everything about her if possible.

"Hey," I spoke making her look up from her iPhone 7. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course. What's up?" She locked it and slid into her purse not taking her eyes off me.

"Well, the school I'm at is hosting this fundraiser to like pay for new shit for the incoming freshman and so on, and they're having this concert and—"

"You're asking me to perform?" She finished my sentence, folding her arms.
I frowned at her tone of voice and she sighed loudly. "That came out wrong. I didn't mean to get defensive, sorry."

"It's cool." Just then, a car pulled up in front of us and an older man stepped out, opening the door for Serenity. "I guess that's all you."

"Yeah," She chuckled under her breath. "Send me the information and I'll clear my schedule for it."

"Serenity, you don't have to clear your list for us. I was just—"

"I know what you were just saying and I'm completely fine with doing it." She smiled kissing my cheek. "Bye Jace."

I was too flustered to speak so I was just simply waved. She giggled and waved back, getting into the car. I stood there watching until I couldn't see the car in sight.

"Damn," I whispered starting my walk to the bus stop. That girl was definitely a mystery waiting to be solved and I wouldn't mind being the one to do so.

_______________

hola my loves 🤗 i decided since i was already on to do a lil update or whatever 💀 thoughts? questions? feedback?

vote, comment, share!

— kayla 🗣