sixteen

chapter sixteen!
let me be.

S E R E N I T Y.

Groaning with annoyance, I placed my head between two pillows to drown out the attempts that Melanie, Joel, and Giselle are making to get into my room.

I haven't stepped out this room for anything in three days. Jace has ignored all my attempts at calling and texting him. Shit, I even emailed him. But what's pissing me off is that he sees them, types something then delete it all together which led to me laying around sulking in misery.

"Serenity, you have a wardrobe meeting. You need to be up and getting ready now!" Melanie yelled still trying to turn the knob. I chuckled half heartedly turning over so my back was facing the door.

"Look Serenity," Joel sighed. "I know you and Jace had a little disagreement but—"

"Hol' up!" She yelled, her inner street coming out. "I know she is not pressed over him instead of her work. You better be in there getting ready! You don't have time to sulk over a lowlife."

"Instead of riding the girl, let her feel. Everyone knows she liked the boy. She is a human, Melanie." He spat angrily. This is why he's my favorite. Out of everyone on my team, he understands me the most.

I heard Mel huff and her heels clicking away and down the staircase then the others fading away as well. Sighing in relief, I felt myself drift back off into a well needed sleep.

Unfortunately that wasn't the case, after tossing and turning for what seemed like hours, I decided to just do something productive. Melanie did have a point, I did have a career and I couldn't just put it to the side because of a silly crush.

When my emotions are heavy, like today, I write. My book was present in front of me and usually when I attempt putting my thoughts into words and it never works but it was different this time.

My pen seemed to be attached to the paper as everything else seemed to past me by. When I was finished, I had a perfect verse and I was now determined to finish. I was on a roll and nothing could stop me.

I looked over the lyrics and started to harmonize it in the flow I wanted. There were some days when I could spend the entire day writing and looks like today would be one as well.

I unlocked my bedroom door and stepped out. I checked my watch and it was only two in the afternoon so my maid was still here. I walked down the steps and into the kitchen, raiding the refrigerator.

Taking out the necessary ingredients for a sandwich, I parked in a seat and just listened. Silence. And that kills me on a day like this. I checked my phone for any notifications from Jace but all I got was numerous messages from Mel saying that I needed to stop losing sight of what's really important here. Rolling my eyes, I responded with an okay and put my phone on silent.

One of my favorite rooms in my house is my basement. It had a studio booth that I rarely use. Working from home is not my thing unless I'm really dreading not to leave the house like today.

Turning on the light switch, I grabbed a broom first of all to clean to the dust from this place. Once that was taken care of, I turned on the computer that had some old recordings I never used. I found one that fit the mood of the song perfectly. I got in the booth and started to test it.

"—no that's not it." I sighed in frustration with my head was in my hands. My head isn't in the game.

I drew out a breath as I dialed Jace's number once again. It rang twice before it went to voicemail, meaning he declined it. Out of frustration, I threw my phone before luckily the walls were cushioned so it didn't do any damage.

I looked at the microphone again and this time, I decided to go off of what I was feeling right off the top of my head. Will it work? I have no idea but I'll take that chance in order to get my say across.

_______________________

two updates wow, look at me 🕶