forty five

chapter forty five.
running towards.

S E R E N I T Y.

I've been out of the hospital for like a month now and my mom insisted that I come home so I did.

Cancelling the tour was "the right thing" according to the doctors and you know the label wasn't fond of losing thousands and thousands which would come out of my pockets in the end.

I'm not sure what my next move is. I know that I needed time and space away from almost everything negative in my life. A chance to start over.

"Hey. You're woke." Jace says with a bag from Chick-Fil-A and a bottle of water. I cannot begin to describe how calm he's been with me. Especially after everything that's happened. "So I kinda ran into this weirdo who wanted to see you..."

"Put some respect on my name or we will be fighting." Aaliyah threatened carefully before smiling and handing me a card. "How you doing beautiful?"

"Good." I weakly smiled, scooting to make some room on the bed. "I literally have nothing better to do soooo."

"Well guess who took as much time as they needed off to spend with their best friend in the world?"

"I can take a wild guess. You?" She nods skipping over to the other side of the bed sitting while Jace sat on the opposite side. I was squished but I could deal.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Jace suggested picking up the remote.

"Sure. Nothing boring though. You have such a bad taste in movies." I frown and he slightly scoffs wrapping his arm around my shoulder so I can lay my head there.

"Finding Dory?"

"Are you serious?

"What? It's a cartoon."

"Yeah, for like little children." Aaliyah scolded grabbing the remote and continues scrolling through the choices.

Her and I both settled on rewatching Stranger Things so we started watching that and eating our food.

I felt a sense of happiness looking at them. It was a feeling that I wanted to last.

"You okay?" I look over to see Jace looking back at me. He's my soulmate but I don't deserve him. At least not now.

I hummed in response stealing a chicken nugget. "Can you believe we were going to be parents?"

He exhaled. "I actually can. I would've been ready for that task. I could see you having a girl."

"Twins would've been cool." Aaliyah interjected. "A boy and a girl so that way I can double spoil. Their auntie would have them looking like a million bucks."

"What little child do you know that wear expensive clothing and everything else?"

"I'm pretty sure that Beyoncé had Blue and has the twins looking like a miniature her everyday."

I really tried holding in my tears but it was becoming a task. I tried distracting myself from what happened but I really couldn't.