eight

please give some feedback or leave comments. it will really be appreciated. 🦋 thank you for the reads!

chapter eight! | when the past comes back.

one week later.

S E R E N I T Y.

"You're pretty early." Jace says while I headed to the middle of campus which is where the main show is happening. Mel suggested that I come early to rehearse and get to a feel of the place.

"It was better than being cooped up in my house until then," I laughed taking some of his Sour Patches. "Besides, I thought you would show me around?"

"You just wanna be near me, don't you?" He grinned and I just looked away trying to hide my blushing.

"Oh hush up." I shooed him off. He chuckled and linked our arms together so he can begin the tour.

He told me how all of his classes are at night so he could work during the morning and early afternoon. He showed me his photography class and I met with his teacher who actually did my first cover. It was like a reunion.

"This campus is amazing." I sigh happily, watching everyone pass me.

It made me miss the school life. I graduated high school and was beginning to start community college but that was put on the back burner. My parents, more so my dad, was the one disappointed that I took my career more seriously than my education. If it were my way, I could do both but that would extremely too much pressure on me.

"So who's performing tonight?" I asked curiously as students stopped us frequently for pictures and autographs.

"Uh I heard Kehlani, you of course, SZA, that thug rapper I think his name is Kaiden, and a maybe a few others."

My mind went blank after he said his name. I haven't heard that name in two years and it still scares me to the core.

"Serenity!" Jace shouted wailing his hands in my face. I snapped out of it blinking my eyes. "Everything okay?"

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine." I nodded. "I'm just gonna go find Melanie real quick, I'll see you later before the show. Okay?"

"Alright. Are you sure? I'm just asking because... you looked like you just saw a ghost or some shit."

"Sure feels like it," I thought.

"Yeah, I think it's just the pre-performance jitters. I'm fine." I said reassuring him. He looked at me strangely before turning away and I exhaled a breath rubbing my face.

Lord, help me through this please.

• • • • •

"Joel will take care of everything." Melanie said pacing back and forth on the stage as I did some vocal practice.

She thought about pulling me out the concert but I didn't want to risk being the reason the university lose money for such a good cause.

I couldn't help but feel the fear laying at the pit of my stomach. The last time I saw Kaiden was when I was in the hospital fighting for my life. After he left California, I could breathe freely again, now I feel as if I'm suffocating all over again.

"Can I get a smile beautiful?" I heard, seeing Jace with his Nikon camera in the front row. I smiled as the flash went off in my face.

Once he left with a friend, I sighed and rubbed my face

Once he left with a friend, I sighed and rubbed my face. This is not a good way to feel before a show.

"He won't do anything. I had made a promise to your family that he won't effect you anymore and I intend to keep it." Mel informed handing a few tissues seeing the loose tears on my cheek.

I sighed and gave her a small head nod as the instrumental to my next song began to play.

_______________

this was like a filler , now we're getting somewhere 😛

vote & comment. 🔮

— kayla. 🍯