fifteen

chapter fifteen!
sweet then sour.

S E R E N I T Y.

Taking a sip of my drink, I let out the strong strawberry sensation run freely down my throat. Melanie, along with my family, convinced me to celebrate out instead of the comforts of home.

My eyes glanced to the side of me where Jace had his phone in his hand, constantly tapping. I waved my hand over his screen and he let out a groan.

"You do know you don't have to babysit me Serenity. Why don't you go and dance with your people?" He chuckled.

"Okay," I rose from my seat grabbing his hand. "Come and dance with me peep."

"Babygirl, you don't want any of these moves." He popped of his collar, doing some goofy dance. I giggled and placed my arms around his neck.

"I sure don't. You sure are one of the kind." I stated sarcastically rolling my eyes. As he squeezed my thigh, I let out a high pitched squeal. "Damn your man hands."

Everything was going oh so smoothly. It's a surprise that I haven't passed out from the famous celebrities coming up to me and congratulating me.

Jace and I were still dancing when an unknown female came up to him and tapped his shoulder. He turned around and the biggest kool aid smile spread on his face, pulling away from me. Ouch.

"Am I in the right year? Because Jace Taylor is at a club and a packed one at a that." She laughed nudging his shoulder.

The girl wore a baby blue mini dress with golden accessories. I'll give her props for how to dress and the fact that she's really pretty.

It took a minute for me to realize that was the girl that was with him when we had first met at my photoshoot. I looked at the two as they began talking like I wasn't still standing there so I happily escorted myself away from them.

I made my way back up to the V.I.P section where Aaliyah was sipping on her drink. I plopped next to her with an obvious pout on my face.

"I thought you'd be with your cute little boyfriend." She snickered, probably a little tipsy from the alcohol.

"Not my boyfriend." I scoffed folding my arms into my chest. I shouldn't be upset like I am now. We've been good friends for a while now and somehow I managed to want more. "And he found himself a friend."

She cocked her head to the side with a goofy grin on her face. "Are you jelly?"

"What? No." I lied avoiding her 'you know I'm right' stare. "I just think—"

"Yeah, you're jealous." She chuckled. "Instead of being up here pouting, why don't you take what's yours back."

"I am Serenity Knight. I do not chase after no one. I've done that all my life and look where I am?"

"Rich and very lonely?"

"Touché."

"Thank you so much for tonight Serenity. I had a really good time." Jace spoke with a smile. I managed to keep my straight face and simply nodded. I haven't said anything to him since we left the club, it's either a noise or a nod.

"Did I do something?" He questioned minutes later. I slightly rolled my eyes and shook my head no. "So then why aren't you speaking to me? In fact, you haven't said anything since our dance."

"Yeah," I scoffed finally voicing my annoyance with him. "The dance your little friend cut off. No common curtesy whatsoever."

He rubbed his chin and let out a chuckle. "You're jealous."

"I am not jealous of her. Why would I?"

He fanned me off and just replied, "Nothing lil mama. Nothing at all."

Neither of us spoke for the rest of the ride and it was honestly killing me. I knew it was possible that I could've let my feelings get the best of me and have me overreacting but I was still hurt.

The driver stopped near Jace's building and parked in the front. My eyes looked out the window at the abandoned park across the street while Jace unbuckled his seat beat. I heard the door open and felt his body leave the vehicle.

"Her name's Brooklyn. I've known her since the first day of second grade. She's the closest thing I have ever had to family in a long time. I talk bout' you to her a lot... actually to the point where she's ready to square up with me," He let out a small chuckle. "She also understood my past with former lovers and encouraged me to spill my feeling to you. I guess you don't care about that, huh? You don't care about nothing unless it benefits you."

When I finally looked at him, I saw the hurt in his eyes. Way to go Serenity. I opened my mouth to speak but he just shook his head.

"I guess I'll see you around." And with that, he slammed the door shut and walked into the building.

Salty tears left my eyes as I watched his body moved farther and farther from the entrance. Once again, I proved to have fucked up yet another great thing that's come into my life.

____________________

cries a new ocean because i got one thousand reads. 💞 thank you so so so much, i love you all to pieces

i start my junior year next thursday so i'll update to get some chapters out the way. byeeee 🦄