twenty

chapter twenty!
new beginnings.

S E R E N I T Y.

"The hell?" I groan hearing someone's obnoxious laughing as I stirred in my sleep.

The lack of light in the room made it fairly easy for me to open my eyes. I sat upright to see Jace at the foot of his bed watching The Loud House. Wow.

"Good Morning." I greeted him, ruffling up my curls. I reach over to his nightstand to retrieve my phone, the time was only fifteen to the afternoon.

"Morning." He smiles, shifting so one leg was up on the bed. "Did you sleep well? I'm sorry if the bed was kinda lumpy, I need to get another mattress."

"It's fine," I chuckle, covering my mouth for a yawn to come out. "Where did you sleep though?"

"The couch." He says plainly and I frown. "What? I wanted to you to be okay. I didn't get much sleep anyway."

"I bet not. Your couch is hard as a rock." I laugh but his face went blank. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No, I just— I'm fine."

"What a terrible liar." I roll my eyes sarcastically.

"It's nothing. I just been having a rough time lately."

"With what? Money? Jace, you knew you could've called and asked for help and I wouldn't have hesitated."

He sighed. "You don't know how many times I have thought about that Serenity. You looked as if you had forgot about me. I would be embarrassed if I just called for help and you said no."

That was our problem. We did more thinking than doing. Thinking that the other was fine without the other but in reality, we wasn't.

Nodding, I swung my feet over his bed and stood up, walking to the dresser where my purse sat. With nothing to it, I went to my wallet pulling out a bunch of hundred dollar bills.

"What are you—"

"You're taking this. I don't want to hear no complaints, nothing. You're going to do what you need to do and don't even think about repaying me." I say placing the money in the palm of his hand.

"You're serious?" He looks down to count and his eyes once he surpasses a thousand. "I can't take this."

"Too late, no take backs." I smile innocently. I watch as his eyes water and I instantly wrap my arms around him. It was an awkward position because I was standing and he was sitting but I didn't care. His well being is what's important, I didn't want his mental state deteriorating.

"I swear I'll–"

"Did you not hear me like a minute ago? You don't have to pay me back. I just want you to see that I'm good."

"I always knew you were." He sighs taking my hands in his. "I'm sorry for what I said to you that night Serenity. I was upset and—"

"It's fine. I just let my jealousy get the best of me." Which I really need to work on.

"It's fine," He chuckles with a shrug. "It was kinda cute. But are we good?"

"Are we?" I mumble avoiding his confused look. I needed to know this now, my feelings for him are obvious but I'm dying to know if we're on the same page.

"Um.. I think?"

"Can I ask you something? And I need the honest truth." I say, finally sitting beside him. He nods watching my every room. "Your friend said to spill your feelings for me. What were they?"

Jace paused before letting go of a breath he was holding while running a hand down his face. "You remind me of fine china; someone that needs to be cherished and treated carefully. You're worth more than any expensive item and you deserve someone who's heart is completely into you."

"And yours isn't?" I mumbled laying my head on his shoulder. He used his finger to lift my chin staring into my eyes.

"It is. There's no doubt about that but I'm not the one for you. I'm nothing. Nothing but a distraction. You need somebody who will be able to provide for you and—"

"Can you men please get out of the mindset that you always have to provide for your woman? I don't care about that. I like you for you not for how much is in your pocket. Everyone has their struggles, I still have mine but that has nothing to do with my heart is saying and it's saying that it wants you."

He remained quiet which I really hated at times like this because it kills me not to know what he's thinking and or feeling. "Close your eyes."

"What?" The hell is he talking about? Did he not—

"Close your eyes." He repeated. I looked over at him, now frankly hurt, but still did it anyways. It was no type of movement between us for a minute before I felt his soft fingers brushed my lip before feeling his warm, soft ones with mine. I've waited so long for this.

It felt like the butterflies and fireworks you get when you're near your crush but almost a thousand times better. I kissed back with as much passion as him. As cheesy as it may sound, I feel like they were made for each other. When he started to pull back, I whined already craving the taste of him.

"If I didn't make this clear before I am now, I'm a dramatic and emotional mess with a burning love for singing and I'm head over heels for you." I say adoringly not breaking my gaze at him. Damn, I'm that whipped.

"But how will this work though? You know, dating a celeb and all?"

I shrugged. Kaiden was my last relationship and I vowed I'd never get into another one. My career was all I was worried about, until he came into my life. I just hoped Jace could see past the cameras, the fans, and the fame and just see me.

"Hey," He spoke grabbing my hands. "I know what you're thinking and I am nothing like the asshole you was with before. Unlike him, I'll treat you like the queen I see you as. You don't have to worry at night thinking I'm out with someone else. Got it? You got all of me."

I nodded and he smiled caressing my cheek with his thumb. I was ready to see what life has to offer with Jace next to me. Everything with him seems so limitless. Excited wouldn't even begin to describe how I feel right now. And for once, I actually feel complete.

________________________

now we're getting somewhere again. 💞 i might update again later. until then..

enjoy my beautiful wife 🤤