one

chapter one.
the introduction.

S E R E N I T Y.

Growing up, I was taught to know there's a distinct difference between reality and fantasy. Some things are destined to happen such as life and death while on the other hand, some things are highly absurd such as the 'monsters' under our beds.

Back then, I'd like to categorize my dream of singing worldwide as a fantasy. A mere dream that only existed in the heads of my family and I. They knew I had the potential so did I, but what about every other person living?

I started singing outside of my house, prompting me to join my school's choir which then led to small gigs at local cafes up until someone suggested that I'd take a different alternative. Social Media.

The thought of having that fantasy crushed shrunk by the thousandth. A nineteen year old me, along with my parents, were whisked to California after a cover of me singing on YouTube was seen by someone who has major connections in the music industry.

My whole life changed in a matter of months. It all happened so fast, it felt like a blink of the eye literally. I was signed almost immediately and began working on building my name and soon, my first album was released.

Two years later I have certified diamond album along with awards from Billboard, MTV, and the dream of a possible Grammy nomination.

Creating a platform for myself and along with inspiring others is all I aspire to do. Possibly shaping young people into strong, independent and brave beings is what I want, and that's what I'll do even if it kills me.

• • • • •

"Great show tonight!" My manager exclaimed handing me an ice cold bottle of water.

Wiping the sweat from my face, I smiled relaxing my worked up muscles in the cushioned seat. Tonight was my last night being outside of the country for a while.

The European half of my world tour has come to an end and I am now dedicating myself to my second studio album which I intend to make bigger than the last.

After resting for a while, I rose from my seat as my bodyguard escorted me out the back door where a line of loyal fans stood hoping for a glimpse of me.

I delayed some of my time stopping for pictures and autographs before hopping into the limousine waiting. The buzz I was getting on my phone at the moment was crazy, I swear my fans are the best.

"Once we get to the plane, we need to board immediately if we're going to land in L.A in time for your session."

I nodded unbuckling my seatbelt. Somehow a crowd of fans managed to beat us to the punch and were on the runway. Security rushed to pry them from my car before I stepped out. Me being me, I stopped once again to talk to some fans and get some pictures, I actually had to hold one up after she passed out in my arms. I waved to them the entire time while getting the plane.

"They'll ride for you through whatever." My assistant spoke sitting next to me. She was right. They're so dedicated and so hard core. They know more about me than I know about myself. It's cute.

"Ready to get back to work?"

I smiled leaning back in my seat while the airplane engine roared in my ears. "As I'll ever be."

_______________

thanks for tuning in for ze first chapter. 💘

be sure to vote & comment! 💛

— kayla 🌻