twenty one

chapter twenty one!
brand new self.

S E R E N I T Y.

A soft sigh escaped my lips as I removed myself from the vehicle. The paparazzi began bombarding me with more questions regarding two days ago.  Joel pushed them out the way, letting me go inside the building first.

I did not want to be in the presence of this place but sometimes in this field of choice, you have to suck it up. And that is what I was told to do. The board said that they had an urgent message for me and I of course wasn't thrilled to hear it.

"Serenity," Calvin spoke rising from his seat in the lobby. My eyes formed a roll as I shifted my weight to the left side. "I see you're feeling better."

"I guess you could say that." I shrugged. "What's this about? Don't I have a radio interview shortly?"

"Yes, but we wanted to give you this," He smiled handing me a plaque that says my latest single has officially been certified platinum. "Congratulations."

"Thanks," I formed a fake small smile once I saw the cameras although I was happy on the inside. No matter what I go through with this label, I will forever be grateful for the opportunity that they gave me.

"I know where you'll be going." I spoke to the plaque as if it could understand me. I actually have a room in my house for all of my awards, half was filled.

I spoke to a few more employees as they all congratulated me then Joel and I left, going back out into the paparazzi.
Of course, I had to stop for my babies and take pictures.

"Serenity?" I looked up and saw Joel point to his clock, saying that we were on a tight schedule and to wrap it up.

I blew them all kisses as I slid into the seat. Joel informed the driver on where to go and we were off. During this time, I went to my phone and saw I had a missed call from Jace. Smiling hella hard, I decided to text him since I had one nosey bodyguard.

you rang? — 11:49 a.m

i called for a reason obviously 🌚 — 11:52 a.m

well too fluffing bad 🤗 — 11:53 a.m

fluffing? how old are you? 12? 💀 — 11:53 a.m

don't question my vocabulary sir — 11:55 a.m

yes ma'am 🤤 — 11:58 a.m

"We're here." The driver announced, taking a parking space. Joel and I thanked him and headed inside. As we got closer, I heard my song playing and of course I sang along with my own voice.

"We're so grateful to have you here." The host exclaimed, embracing me. "We all listen to your music religiously. It's really awesome that you're here."

"Wow, thank you." I smiled generously. I took my spot across from the several
interviewers and waited for my time to be introduced.

"We are back on the air and this time with one of our favorites looking just as beautiful as ever, Serenity Knight

"We are back on the air and this time with one of our favorites looking just as beautiful as ever, Serenity Knight." The interviewer greeted. "How're you today my love?"

"Well I'm alive and well. Can't complain much. Thank you for asking." I smiled, adjusting in my seat.

"We just saw your certification plaque for the first single of your album. How does it feel to know that you have such a large fan base to make that possible?"

"It's surreal, honestly. I didn't think that people would like me because of several reasons but they just proved me wrong with how much they actually put interest into my career. It's beautiful."

"All of us are super excited for your upcoming album which is self titled, are there any differences between this one and your first album?"

"Umm," I pondered. "In terms of content, I would say that on this album, I tried my best to relate to people with like insecurities, relationships, self love, and just everyday life. You know, my first one was like— more so a club, dancing kind of album. I like to think I've matured just a little."

"Now that you've brought of the idea of relationships, is there a special person that inspired some of those songs on the album?" My cheeks began to heat up and a goofy smile appeared. "I think that means I'm getting somewhere."

I laughed. "Yes, there is someone behind the lyrics but shall remain unknown for the time being."

My mind bubbled at the thought of Jace and I. Still kinda foreign to me. He made me feel like a different person. I don't think I would've gotten over him.

After a few more questions, the interview wrapped up and we left, heading back to my place. I had a large smile the entire way back and Joel had took notice of it.

"It hasn't even been twenty four hours dating the man and you're this happy."

"What? I'm always this happy. Life is pretty sweet." I defend checking myself out in the mirror.

"True but talking to Jace was the icing on the cake, am I right?"

I didn't reply because my cheeks were starting to hurt from the smiling I was doing. He knew it and so did I.

But happy was an understatement.