twenty seven

because im in a good mood and my baby posted on snap.

im glad i love women 😍

chapter twenty seven!
the date part one.

J A C E.

I trust Serenity and I knew she meant it when she said that she liked me. It's just hard to process that someone like her is interested in a guy like me. I would never take her or us for granted.

Her eyes squinted towards the rustic building in front of us. "Where are we?" She asks, with the tone of worry and confusion. I take her hand in mine and lead her to the entrance.

Once inside, her eyes lit up at the neon flashing lights. "Woah." I took Swan's advice and went with something that I thought would be fun. Roller skating is just that.

"You like it?" She nods happily and rewards me with a kiss on the cheek. "Well, I'm glad you do." We then walked over to the skate stand and I picked out both of our appropriate size.

"I kinda must warn you though," She laughs lacing up her grey strings. "I haven't done this in like... years so just bare with me."

"Damn, you've been missing out my love." I say standing up on my skates with no problem. Serenity grabs my hands trying to as well but instead she falls back on the seat. She pouts as I try to hold in my laughs.

"You're not supposed to laugh." She whines trying again. I will give her an A for effort though. Finally once she has complete balance, I try and lead her to the rink carefully but she stumbles and pulls me to the ground with her. "Sorry." I hear her say while dusting her clothes.

I picked up on Serenity that she has this urgent goal to become close to the best at everything. Like a perfectionist. I want her to learn that there is room for mistakes. "You wanna go again?"

She nods. "Yeah. Only if you promise not to laugh again."

"That can possibly be arranged."

"You gotta be quicker than that." I shouted zooming past Serenity. She got the basics down but was still holding on to the rail for support. She flicks up the finger while rolling her eyes.

I stop next to her, putting both hands on her waist for support, "The key is to bend your knees a bit. Try and think of it as part of a dance routine."

"As a dance routine," She repeats. "Okay, I think I got it. Let me go."

"You sure? Cause if you fall, I'll laugh."

"How supportive of you," The sarcasm is real with her. "But yes, I think I got it," I drop my hands and step back giving her a bit of space.

Doing what I said, she bends her knees a bit and starts to form a rhythm with her gliding. Quick learner.

"Jace, I'm doing it!" I catch up to her and we start racing and I of course let her win just to see that smile.

Stopping near a bench, she sits and starts to unlace her strings. "Are you up for a challenge Mr. Taylor?"

"That depends Miss Knight, what are you thinking?"

"There are fifteen games in the arcade, the one who wins the most gets whatever they want from the loser. And it can be anything."

"Hm," I pondered. Ain't nothing like a friendly challenge. "Which game shall we start with?" She looks around and points to the air hockey "I don't know about that, you sure you're up for an L?"

"Ah so you're a shit talker," Serenity smirks. "Well it takes two to tango baby boy."

"Come on baby, I know you're not still upset." I laugh as Serenity continues to walk ahead of me with folded arms and a frown. She was winning up until the last two games which I so happen to be a pro at.

She claims that I cheated but she was just a bit salty at the moment. I jogged up beside her, with the stuffed animals I got for her. The unicorn tickled the side of her face as she tried to fight her grin. "Move." She pushes me trying to put pep in her step.

"Hey," I say as I open the door for her. "If it makes you feel any better, I didn't want anything. Why would I if I already got you?"

Blush crept on her skin while she smiles, "Why do you have to be so cute?" She groans getting in the back seat.

"Comes with the charm."