thirteen

chapter thirteen!
a night out.

J A C E.

"I can't believe she talked you into attending one of the biggest award shows." Swan sighed folding his arms. "How could she cheat on me like this?"

I rolled my eyes at his foolishness and adjusted my tie the right way. I felt foreign in a suit. I haven't wore one of these in years. I was so accustomed to wearing jeans and caps. Formal shit was almost nonexistent to me until now.

"She was technically never yours." I joked now combing out my hair. "I'm only going to support her anyways."

"Oh please!" He shouted dramatically. "You knew you wanted to go. All she had to do was give you the look and you gave in."

He had a point, I was too reeled in with Serenity that I couldn't back out. Seeing her smile was the only thing I wanted to see.

Just when my lips parted to speak, there was a loud knock on the door. Swan and I looked at each other before he raced to the door and I just let him. He been telling me forever to invite her over but I just brushed it off.

"...and he's bragging about you nonstop. It's so damn annoying!" I heard him say before I ran out the bathroom.

I stopped in my tracks once Serenity laid eyes on me. Her ebony hair had a few brown streaks and was silky smooth and straight while she was wearing a metallic grey dress that showed just the right amount of cleavage.

 Her ebony hair had a few brown streaks and was silky smooth and straight while she was wearing a metallic grey dress that showed just the right amount of cleavage

"Wow." I managed to speak after being tongue tied for what seemed like forever. "You look amazing."

Serenity lowered her head to hide her blushing which I found cute. "Thank you. You look very handsome yourself. I think you should dress like this more often. It's attractive." She bit down on her lip eyeing me up and down. If it were up to me, neither of us would be going anywhere.

"Enough eye fucking and let's move it!" Her bodyguard, Joel, groaned opening the door for us to leave. Swan tried to use one more pickup line on Serenity as we left but she just laughed him off.

She winded up holding my hand the entire ride. I didn't mind though. I wouldn't see her as much once we get inside.

"Are you nervous?" I asked her once the grip on my hand got tighter and she nodded. "Don't be. You'll do great. I promise."

"Haven't been on stage since— you know." She sighed picking at the fabric on her dress. "I'm scared." She said so only I could hear.

I tilted her head so our eyes locked. "Serenity, you are a superwoman. Nothing can stop you from going after what you want, not even a lil stage fright. Tonight is your time to let these people know that you are more than just a pretty face. I meant it when I said I believed in you."

Her soft lips connected with the side of my face. "You're an amazing person Jace Taylor. Don't let spark fade."

______________________

bitchhhhh i am shook. my girls have doing so well lately and i love ittt. 💞 i start school next week and i am not ready whatsoever, pray for me. maybe a triple update tonight?