nine

chapter nine! | the show stealer.

S E R E N I T Y.

"Relax Serenity." I coached myself while fixing my concert attire. "You'll be fine. Everything will go smoothly."

My stomach erupted once I heard my name being chanted. I smiled already loving this crowd. An interactive audience always makes the experience more memorable. I never once had a dry crowd.

Jace told me that people who don't even attend the school purchased tickets and I don't blame them either, I would too.

"Alright Serenity, they're doing a five minute intercession now and then you're right up next." The coordinator said quickly before running off. His head must be in a thousand places.

"I've been standing here for over two minutes and you haven't not stopped moving since," Jace laughed. "Are you always this nervous before a show?"

"Something like that." I mumble. "Are you aware of the lineup after me?" I ask and he shakes his head no. Fuck.

"I have this strong sense that it's something more than just your average stage fright. And you're sure everything is okay?"

"Yes." I nodded. "It's nothing for you to worry about. This is sorta my problem. Trust me, I'll be okay."

He nodded with understatement and brought me in for a hug. "I better get my spot before I end up in the back. Good luck kid." I grin as he disappeared behind other people.

I said a quick prayer asking for a good show without interruptions and started my last minute vocal exercises. Time to for another jaw dropper.

J A C E.

I always knew that Serenity had a great voice but hearing her live and in the flesh was something else. Her voice was so soothing to the touch. It could almost put you in a trance.

Her and her two background dancers were on point with the beat. I wonder if she had background in music because she was a crowd pleaser for sure.

"My girl surprises me everyday." Swan mumbled in awe. I shook my head snapping more shots of her on stage.

The guards had to practically hold people back before they try and prance on her

The guards had to practically hold people back before they try and prance on her. I knew of Serenity having a sturdy fan base but I didn't know it stretched this far. When we're together, she doesn't really speak on her career or anything about her personal life at that.

Just when everything was going good with her performance, the music quickly changed from her R&B music to loud and raunchy hip hop music.

A dude in a long white fur coat wearing this glitter crown walked on stage, as if he were some expensive pimp. This, for some reason, made the crowd get even more hype.

I looked at Serenity who had the same look in her eye from earlier when I first became concerned, petrified.

"The King and Queen are back together!" He smirked intertwining fingers with Serenity.

Swan mumbled something inaudible before scratching his head. Another beat dropped and he grabbed the mic from her. He started rap some inaudible lyrics and gyrate on Serenity making her uncomfortable.

Just seeing him act this way with her made me ready to go up there and knock some sense into him. It wasn't jealousy in me but the fact that he had the nerve to disrespect a female in front of a majority of females.

Every time she would try and walk off stage, he'd literally yank her closer to him with extreme force. "Why you actin' so shy for this crowd babe?"

When his face became inches away from hers and all of a sudden, she pushed him hard as ever and he fell flat on his butt making the crowd go silent. His jaw clenched and he jumped right up and lunged towards her, wrapping his hands tightly around her neck.

The crowd gasped and started screaming as she began to claw at his face but that would only make his grip stronger. They literally broke into a fight.

Her bodyguard along with two others quickly separated them from each other, escorting them both off the stage. I still could hear Serenity's cries from the front. My reflexes told me to go to her so I handed my camera to Swan and told him I'd be right back.

I tried to make my way through the crowd to get back stage but security had made a barricade around all entrances. I saw her pacing back and forth with tears streaming down her face.

"Serenity!" She looked around for the voice until her gaze landed on me. I watched her small figure brush past the large ones, despite them calling her and run to me. My heart broke hearing her sob into my shirt.

"I got you." I mumbled into her head while rubbing her back. She pulled away, looking up at me with bloodshot eyes. My eyes looked down at the dark bruise was forming around her neck making my jaw instantly clench.

"Can you please get me out of here?"
Her voice was lower than a whisper. I nodded, placing her hand in mine and leading her way from the chaotic scene.

_______________

in the next chapter will contain an updated version of characters because as you can see, there's more 💀

thoughts on this chapter? questions? comments of any kind? guys i start school soon and im about to be a junior wtfff 😭 and my birthday is next month too 🎈

vote & comment & share 🗣

— kay 🌹