twenty three

chapter twenty three!
the difference. ( issa filler )

S E R E N I T Y.

"I miss you." I whine to Jace while I was heading to the airport. I watch as Melanie begins to make annoyed faces at my phone call.

I'll have to discuss that with her later.

"You just saw me," He chuckles. "How much you miss me though?"

"Let's not get cocky now," I joke looking out the window. "But a whole lot and I promise once I get back, it'll be just us." I say seriously.

"Didn't I say don't stress it? I can wait. Trust me, I've waited this long for you. I can wait a few more days." He said sincerely and I smiled. I think I'm falling hard. "Oh! Before I forget, you said you had a proposition for me."

"I did? Yeah I was wondering since my tour is coming up shortly that maybe you would—"

"Serenity, let's go! We're here." Mel says grabbing her purse and exiting the car. I huff, unbuckling my seatbelt and getting out as well.

"Can you hold that thought until I land? These people are rushing me." I mumble throwing on my shades.

"Sure. Have a safe flight and call me as soon as you land. Okay?" I replied with an okay then we exchanged goodbyes and eventually hung up. I caught up to the others as we all took our seats.

"You know folks aren't going to be too keen about your little relationship and frankly, I'm not either Serenity. I know you all too well," Melanie sighs. "When you fall, you fall hard and you are always the one who ends up hurt. I, and everyone else who cares about you does not want to see you go through that yet again."

"But he's different. And I mean it. Jace is a real genuine person and I think you will like him if you just give him a chance. Besides," I pause strapping myself in. "I wanna ask him to join me on tour as my personal photographer."

"I don't think that's a good idea," She objected. "Bringing personal matters on the road isn't so good."

"But this is business. You've seen his work and he's really good. He's the one I want Mel." I wanted to be closer to Jace when possible, yes, but I know how good he is behind the camera and I want everyone else to see it too.

"That's not the point I'm trying to make. I've been beside you for almost three years and I can tell that you're upset, you'll let everyone know in your attitude and is that what you want the fans to see?"

"That was then. This is now. And if that starts to happen, I can deal with it. Mel, I know you're trying to abide by my parents wishes and protect me but this is something you can't control."

Her mouth opened to retaliate but instead she just throws her hands up in surrender. I guess I won this battle.

I take my earphones out of my purse as the pilot starts to give the ground rules and all that other stuff. All I wanted to do was read and possibly take a nap.

"Some people learn differently than others. I'm assuming you're a visual. You like to learn by seeing."

"What's your point here Mel?" I groan rolling my eyes. I was really wondering why she hated Jace so much. Every conversation he's mentioned in, she judges like she knows him. "Why don't you like him? What has he ever done to you?"

"Guys like him only want one thing from someone with credibility like you and it's not your heart Serenity."

"You gotta stop with these comparisons. I was young when I was with Kaiden. I didn't know any better. I let him do what he did because at the time I had a different definition of love. But Jace? He's—" I pause thinking of the right word to describe him. "I can think of nothing else but happiness when it comes to him."

This time I definitely had Mel quiet. She should know what it was once like to be young and head over heels. She looks over in my direction and smiles, "I guess I'll have to formally meet him one day, yeah?"

"I would really love that."