twenty six

* pops up randomly again and cries an ugly cry because y'all the shit * thanks a bunch for three thousand readssss! 😩💞 i love you allll to infinity i swear.

chapter twenty six!
trust me.

S E R E N I T Y.

"Okay... How about this one?" I ask holding an olive green blouse getting an 'oh fuck no' from Aaliyah. "Then do you suggest miss fashionista?"

My date with Jace was tonight and to say I was nervous was an understatement and I'm not sure why. We've gotten so comfortable around each other. It should be like us going out like we used to but just as a couple.

"Well for one, he said to dress causal. You have plenty of cute and causal clothes in here. Why are you trying to impress someone that is already into you?"

"I don't know," I sigh sitting on the edge of the bed. "I just want him to see me as me, you know? Like as a regular date. Not the lovely and multi talented Serenity Knight but just as Serenity."

"I understand you babes, I do but then again, that's who you are. You can't live your life like Hannah Montana. If he doesn't get that then he's gonna be in for one hell of an awakening but there's no need for that because the guy really adores you."

Now getting a new sense of confidence, I finally stopped my panicking and got with the program. I decided on a large white sweatshirt with ripped jeans and my black chucks. My hair was in a ponytail only because I didn't want to risk sweating it out.

I was done my makeup just in time because when I looked at my phone, I had a message from Jace

— im outside whenever you're ready

I exhale deeply, double checking my purse for all of my date necessities, the usual gum, perfume, lip gloss. Okay I'm good, I say in my head, turning out my bedroom lights.

"I'll be back by midnight and if not, I just crashed at his house. Don't destroy the house and keep your claws away from my hot pockets." I warn jogging down the steps.

"Bitch I do what I want." She mumbles following behind me. She has never formally met Jace so I knew she was just itching to interrogate him.

Speaking of him, he was leaned up against a car wearing an all black outfit.
I had to pray that I do not pounce on him during this date because he looked good. Placing his phone in his pocket, he greeted me with a hug. The scent of his cologne put me in a trance.

"You look good."

"Thank you. You're looking alright there yourself." Let's be honest he makes any plain outfit much better.

"Ahem!" I turn and see Aaliyah still standing there like an uptight father

"Right. Jace, this is my best friend Aaliyah who's been staying with me for a while now. Aaliyah, this is Jace."

He reached out his hand for Liyah to shake but her being an actress off camera as well, wanted to make a scene. She pushed me aside and got right in his personal space.

"Listen here, I do not play about that little girl behind me." We're only a few months apart and she continues to say this. "You better treat her like a pretty little princess or I'm coming for your head first then the rest will follow up. Got it?"

Jace, who looked unbothered the entire speech, just nodded, "I wouldn't in my right mind hurt her but yes, I get what you're saying and you don't have to worry about anything when she's with me."

"Yeah. I like you." Once they finally shake hands, Aaliyah then turns to me. "I shall now let you two lovebirds go on and start your night."

"I'm sorry about her." I said now that she's back in the house. "She's just very mother like when it comes to me."

"I would too if I were in her shoes but are you ready? I got something really special planned."

I nod excitedly and he opens the car door for me then slides in as well. "Can I get some hints?"

"No."

"But—"

"No."

"Please?"

"No."

Before my next response spilled from my mouth, he covered my mouth with his hand. "Now will you stop?"

I pout folding my arms. The entire ride was spent laughing and joking about anything until a serious look came on his face. He kept telling me he was 'nervous' but I wasn't buying it.

"I refuse to leave this car until you tell me what is on your mind." I said sternly as the car engine died down and we sat in a parking space.

"What if your fans hate me? Like they think I'm not good enough for you. I just can't help but think what it'll come once we step out together."

I knew this conversation would appear somewhere down the road, I just didn't think so soon. We're both so different as far as personalities go and that alone can be off putting to the public but I'll go to extreme lengths to prove I am crazy for this boy.

"I'm not gonna sugarcoat it and say there's nothing to worry about. You know the public will have its opinions but that won't interfere with me. I truly meant it when I said I liked you Jace, I just need you to believe me."

Silence was presence in the car for minutes up until I felt him grab my hand. Gazing over, he was looking down at our hands with a small smile.

"I told you once that I wasn't used to being in front of the camera but I guess you're my only exception."

I cheer as we got out the vehicle. Before I looked at our surroundings, I left a soft kiss on his knuckles. "Trust me Jace, I'll be the one to show a side of the world you've never known was real and that is a promise."