fourteen

chapter fourteen!
in her zone.

S E R E N I T Y.

Everything was happening like it would in a dream. I won awards for Favorite Artist, Favorite R&B Song and Best Choreography. Plus I had all of the real ones with me, this night cannot get any better.

I sat antsy in my seat as the makeup stylist finished my face. I was set to go on after the act in front of me which was Future. Jace stood beside me, looking everywhere at the busy people running around like madmans.

"I love seeing how intrigued you are at stuff like this." I giggled applying some lip balm.

"Shit," He chuckled. "It's just interesting. What all happens backstage before someone goes on."

"For my first performance on TV, they had this huge ass set for me like in my music video, and like a few minutes before it was time to sing, everything had crashed down." I said with a laugh. Looking back, it was somewhat funny but when it happened, I was completely embarrassed.

"I can only imagine your reaction," He laughed along with me. "Dramatic ass."

"Hey! I am not dramatic. I just express my feelings boldly to get my po—" I was cut off when my assistant Giselle said to me that Mel needed to see me. "Hold that thought for me."

I followed her to the where the makeup artist was and saw her standing with a pissed expression. This is supposed to be a happy celebration and here she is looking like someone stole her man.

"You called?"

"Why is that guy here?" She spat folding her arms. "Is there something happening between you two?"

"First, that guy's name is Jace and secondly, he's a friend supporting a friend."

"He is almost the someone you've been blowing off meetings and sessions for. Am I right?"

"He has helped me more than you think. Okay? Mel, he isn't out to hurt me. If anything, he wants to see more of me. His intentions are the same as yours."

"Serenity, you're up next." The programmer said before running off. I took a deep breath shaking off the negativity that I have just endured.

"That's my cue to go do what I do best."

I stood right in the center of the stage with the microphone right in front of my face. I felt my body heat up rapidly with the cameras and people staring into my face.

I may be well known but I still feel like the kid who had her first show with over a thousand people present. But as soon as the instrumental started, everything seemed to fade away.

It's crazy how that four letter word gets tossed
And I'm guilty, said it so many times before
But I can't front no more

I smiled looking into the crowd and how people love it already. Some got out their seats, some were nodding to the music.

You're the only one that's showing me the real
You're the only one that's giving me the chills
No ex in the past could open up my eyes
Thought I found the one every time

My heart smiled at the fact that I'm actually fulfilling my dream. Once the chorus came, I was in my zone. I knew I made myself proud. TV performances were a huge thing for me. I'm showing everyone who I am and what God made me to do.

At the end, I bowed graciously taking in all of the love and applause before scurrying off the stage. The adrenaline had me so pumped, I cannot stand still.

I really wouldn't trade this lifestyle for the world.