seven

chapter seven! | he could be.

S E R E N I T Y.

Since I blew off the label meeting two days ago, I had to have a one on one with the label's president, Calvin.

I walked into the building with my shades on and purse in one hand and my fruit smoothie in the other.

After this, I have to also have a meet up with some stylist with this year's upcoming Video Music Awards for my red carpet and performance outfit then after that, performance rehearsals.

"Ms.Knight? Calvin will see you now." The secretary informed me and I nodded rising from my seat. I pulled down my dress and stepped into the elevator.

When I entered his office, he had just gotten off the phone with someone. His expression turned serious as he pointed to the chair. I parked in the seat crossing my legs, waiting for him to speak.

"Where were you?" He asked after a few seconds of an intense silence.

"I was out with a friend." I answered rather quickly.

"You supposed to be present with us! We had producers willing to work with you and your album but you blew it off like it was a day at school! I told you already Serenity, you will make yourself a fool if you don't take this industry seriously. You are not the teen those years ago singing in the mirror, you are in the spotlight and you took a major L missing a meeting with some of the best people."

"Sorry, it won't happen again." I mumbled scratching the back of my neck. He gives me the same speech every time he thinks I fucked up. It didn't even phase me that much anymore.

"Oh I know it won't. Because if it does," He leaned over his desk staring right into my soul. "You will be forgotten in a matter of weeks and I'll make sure of that."

• • • • •

"He threatened you?!" My best friend, Aaliyah, semi shouted throughout the modern but chic five star restaurant.

She was on a hiatus from her acting career in Europe so she's staying with me for the next few weeks. We met after one of my songs was the lead single for a movie she did a few years back. We are just alike in personality so we hit it off pretty quickly.

"Nothing major." I stated regularly, taking a sip of my raspberry tea. It's the only drink I prefer at restaurants. "It's not like he can actually do something."

"True true. He was gon' catch a beat down really quick," She laughed taking swings at the air.

A ding! sound was heard from my phone and I grinned seeing Jace name appear at the top of my notifications, we had exchanged numbers that night at the coffee shop and been texting ever since.

"Hello! What are you doing on this thing?" She whines snatching my phone and began to read my messages while I sighed biting into my pasta. "Who's this Jace character?"

"Nobody," I blushed snatching my property back. "Someone I met a few days ago."

"With all those texts? Yeah right but where'd y'all meet at?" She pursed her lips leaning forward, getting nosey.

"He did my album photoshoot and we just started talking from there. It's nothing big, I swear."

"Can you see yourself with him?" I choked on my food with her sudden off guard question.

I will admit, I liked just being myself with Jace but I don't think I would pursue a relationship only because of me and my status. He's a great guy who doesn't deserve to get caught up in my hectic life.

"Well if you do decide that you like him, you need to be ready for all types of opinions and remember to keep it on the down low. It ain't nothing wrong with a little showing off but no one needs to every little detail...except me of course because I'm your best friend."

"Okay I'll remember all of those." I laughed finishing up my meal. "It's just been so long since my last relationship and—"

"Not everyone is out to hurt you Serenity. If he makes you happy then follow your heart. I don't know him but I saw that smile when I mentioned him so he must be something special."

"He might." I shrugged, but deep down I was smiling like a madman.

______________

vote & comment my loves! 😘