five

chapter five! | the start of something new.

J A C E.

"She is so breathtaking!" Swan, my roommate, exclaimed taking a seat next to me in class. One of the teachers was absent so it was basically an extended free period. Good for me.

"I'm hurt you actually met Serenity. Mind sending those to my phone?"

I hit him upside the head earning a shriek from his mouth. "These technically aren't mine. She owns them and I don't think you want to hear the whole copyright chat from me."

"Certainly don't." He mumbled. "What was she like though? Was she stuck up? Rude? Anything?"

"I don't know." I answered truthfully. "Brooklyn might have gotten on her bad side from something she said but other than that, she seemed chill."

"Beautiful and laid back," He sighed in amazement. "Just my kinda girl." I just simply shook my head at him.

I would tell him I'm meeting up with her later but he would try and pull a move on her which could give her a bad impression of me. I wanted to impress her more formally then I did yesterday.

"You think she'll perform at our fundraiser for the school?" He asked cutting my thoughts.

"Maybe. She has been posting a lot in the studio and at practice though. She could be busy."

"Look at you checking up my girl." He laughed nudging my arm. "Don't. That's my job."

"Shut the hell up."

S E R E N I T Y.

I stepped out the Uber observing the unfamiliar surroundings. The buildings had immature graffiti on the outside, trash and dirt covering the sidewalks, it felt like my old childhood home all over again.

I entered the small coffee shop Jace asked me to meet him at. I spotted him in a booth and walked over to him. He smiled at me once I sat across from him.

"It's impolite to wear hats in buildings, you know?" I giggled at his Nike hat. I reached over and took it off his head, twirling it with my knuckles.

He chuckled running his fingers through his head of hair. "Better?"

I nodded with a smile, resting my chin in my hand. "Is your computer fixed?"

He rolled his eyes holding his laptop that was plugged into the wall. I made a mental note in my head to change that.

"But," He paused pressing a few keys before turning it to me. "I couldn't decide which one of these outtakes to edit so I did all three."

"Ooh! Triple threat!" I clapped in excitement

"Ooh! Triple threat!" I clapped in excitement. I was intrigued by his work
already. He showed me the other outtakes from yesterday and if I must say, I looked bomb in all of them.

"But this one," He clicked on the last picture. "I like the most. I just started messing around with some features and ended up liking it."

I don't know what it was but it was something unique about it. It was different from other shoots where I'm just standing and posing behind a basic background, to me it screamed a wow factor, something I needed in order to stand out.

 It was different from other shoots where I'm just standing and posing behind a basic background, to me it screamed a wow factor, something I needed in order to stand out

"I think we have my next album cover."

_______________

i know this book is moving kinda slow, just be patient with the kid, it'll get better 💛 other than that, i have nothing to announce 😂

vote, comment, share!