thirty two

chapter thirty two.
the morning after.

S E R E N I T Y.

"If this girl don't— Serenity!" I heard Jace yell playfully over my shoulder. He should not be trying to wake me up after the way he almost crippled me.

"What? Whaaat?" I groan, burying my head deeper into my pillow. If I'm lucky, I just might suffocate myself.

"I wanna take you somewhere." I peer from under my covers and there he sat with his dazzling smile. Last night with him was amazing. He had a girl shook. "Good Morning beautiful."

"Morning." I weakly smiled, sitting up. I looked down at my bed and saw the mess we had created. Damn. "I should you know— clean this up."

"Don't worry bout' it." He leaned over kissing my cheek. "You go take your shower and I'll do this because let's be honest," He smirks standing up. "Your legs may not be all that right now."

"Fuck you." I gasped, grabbing my robe. Jace stopped and gave me a look, like he was actually about to take me up on that offer. "Take your nasty ass on!" I say and we both laughed.

He was starting on the sheets when I closed the door to my bathroom. First I went to the mirror and scolded myself internally.

My hair was tangled badly and all over the place, my whole upper body was covered in love bites, my eyes were droopy. Dude really did wear me out.

"Jace! Why didn't you tell me that I looked like a hot ass mess?" I yelled, turning on the shower water to a warm temperature.

He cracked the door open a bit and peeked his head in. "Because you're still beautiful nonetheless." He shrugs and I blush.

I spend approximately twenty minutes washing up with my orange-tangerine shower gel. Stepping out, I grabbed a towel covering my lady parts and going back into my room.

Jace wasn't in there so I assume he went to the laundry room. He had been growing used to my place although he got lost five times already. I grab a set I got from Victoria Secret then lotion my arms and legs. "Should I wear a dress or jeans?"

"A dress. You'd look nice in one." Jace inputs, wrapping his arms around me. My heart started beating faster and he didn't do nothing. I smiled goofily and nod my head. "You should pass this lil nervous stage ma."

"I am." I defended going to my closet. "I was thinking about what we shared, that's all." I pulled out a multi printed dress and pressed to my body before giving it a yes.

"Yeah? Did you um— enjoy it?"

Did I enjoy it? Bitch I want more. "You can see the limp so I'd say that you did perfect." I zipped up my dress then got a pair of burgundy boots.

I went to my vanity for makeup but stopped, wanting to go kinda natural today. I grabbed some accessories and now I was ready. "All done."

"It's about time," He chuckles, standing up

"It's about time," He chuckles, standing up. He was dressed before I even woke up. He had on a long sleeved white shirt, jeans with holes in the knee and his Nikes along with his favorite hat. "I will never understand why women take forever to get ready."

"I gotta get fly." I flip my hair over my shoulder cockily. "That takes time."

"But you're already naturally beautiful so I'm still not seeing your reasoning."

I roll my eyes and grab my phone. "You're only saying that because you're my boyfriend." I sprayed some perfume and spun around seeing Jace glaring at me. "What I do?"

"You don't believe me?"

"I'm not saying that I don't. I just— I don't know. It's kinda complicated." I wave it off. "Are you ready? Your girl is anxious over here."

"Yeah. I'm driving though." He grins. I only let him drive my Lamborghini once and he's been in love with it ever since. I toss him the keys and he was in his glee.

"Let's go out the back." I mumble seeing a crowd of paparazzi outside of my house already. We go through my garage and Jace gasps like a little kid.

"You got more than one car? And you only drive the one?" His fingers went over the door handle to my Jeep.

"One belongs to Liyah and the other three are mine. I switch it up sometimes but not always. The Lamb was my first. I got it the day after my first album went diamond. It felt good being able to buy myself something so grand as that so it gets shown off more."

"You inspire me Serenity, you know that? Like how you always tell yourself to be bigger and better. I hope one day I can live the same way as you so I can shower you with everything you desire."

"Stop," I covered my face to hide my tears. He's truly something else and as his friend and more, it's my job to help him get to the platform he wants and I won't even think of asking for anything in return. His love is all I need.

"C'mon crybaby." He shakes his head, connecting our fingers together. Being a gentleman, he opened the door for me and then we were off.