twenty five

chapter twenty five!
a superstar's first love.

S E R E N I T Y.

Me being me, I made Joel wander New York with me until it was nearly midnight. Then I was on the phone with Jace for about two hours and didn't go right to sleep afterwards. Needless to say, it's almost three in the afternoon and I'm still in bed snoozing.

"Rise and shine my little one." Melanie coos opening the curtains. When that sunlight hit my bronze skin, I hissed like a vampire. "Hey, I told you to get back at a reasonable time. Did I or did I not?"

"Did but you also didn't reinforce it." I mumble into the soft cushion. "Besides, it's our resting day, a day in which one must become well rested." I protest.

"That was before you promised a promo stop at Hard Rock Cafe in the next hour. So chop chop because when it is time to leave, it is and you might leave out of here looking like who did it and why."

"Shit, I forgot I said that." I groan kicking the silk covers from my frame. I check my phone for any messages and saw one from my man.

— good morning princess 😘

hey daddy 🤤

With in an instant, the three dots appeared then his message,

i would take you up on that but you can't handle it. 😇

"Enough texting, go get in the shower." Melanie orders, snatching my phone while pointing to the bathroom. I pout and remove myself from the mattress making sure to stomp my feet as I go.

Finally inside the bathroom, I strip of my pajamas and turn the water on to my perfect temperature. I had my music playing from my radio as I was washing my body.

"These expensive, these is red bottoms, these is bloody shoes!" I scream rinsing the suds from my skin. I repeated the same process again then shut the water off.

With the towel wrapped around, I go back into my room and got ready. For once, I decided to go with something more stylish instead of my more laid back clothing. I wore a red dress with cream colored heels and my hair was curled as usual. I stuffed the necessities in my clutch and hurried out the door.

 I stuffed the necessities in my clutch and hurried out the door

"Stay close. You know how wild your fans can get." Joel warned once we got in the lobby and he was right. Everyone was more rowdy than usual, cute. We reached the car safely ; some fans even ran trying to keep up with us. It was cute.

A line was already formed outside of the cafe and it wasn't even time to start. I swear I love them. I went through the back entrance, making sure I was presentable but stepping out to the open.

"Look at my beautiful angels." I cheesed getting a majority on my Snapchat. Usually during times like these, I would have Melanie record and post everything and it was still the same.

It was only two hours into the meet and greet and mostly every fan was trying to get hints about my love life. I just smiled and worked my way around each question. When the time is right, they'll know.

Some brought gifts like candy, scrapbooks of how much they adore me, letters, and etc. I already had two full boxes and that wasn't half of the line.

"Hi," A teenager shyly smiled holding a notebook and pen. "I'm doing a paper on someone who inspires me and others and I was hoping maybe you could give me a little insight on how it affects you."

"Well," I chuckled. "I'm not perfect, I think we all know that but I do try to my best to do so with you guys. You all mean the absolute world to me and I push myself to be that source of love and light when times get dark. Do I fail at times? Yes but that doesn't stop me from striving to be the role model you need."

The room filled with awes and little sniffles here and there. I gave the girl a hug and she walked back to her parents with a smile on her face. That's all I ever wanted to do. Make people smile.

"I. Am. Exhausted." I sigh plopping onto the couch, taking in its feel. We left the cafe to have lunch and do some shopping but of course, I stayed out longer than I needed to be because I was actually enjoying myself.

"Our flight leaves in the afternoon so you can rest up for a bit." Joel informs. "If you need me—"

"Just shoot you a text, I know." I smile pushing him out the room. I heated up my leftovers and finished the rest and shortly after that, my head fell on top of a pillow and that was it.