thirty four

before i start, thank you so much for five thousand reads! 💞

i love normani kordei hamilton

i love normani kordei hamilton. bye.

unedited btw.

chapter thirty four.
baths, bling & burnt meals.

S E R E N I T Y.

Once I entered my home, the first thing I did was kick off my heels and plop on the couch. Only more a few more days of release week and I would be free until the tour rehearsals starts which meant relaxation.

Feeling myself drift to sleep, I felt my feet being lifted up then two hands massaging them. "You tired?" Jace asks me feeling how tense I am.

"Yup. Lucky for me, I'm immune to it." I joke sarcastically, melting at his hand work. My eyes opened once I felt him stop and he stood up, picking me up bridal style.

He carried me to my room and sat me down on the bed while going into the bathroom. "I'm running you a bath so go ahead and strip." I did as I was told while hearing the water run in the tub. Simple things like this made my heart skip a beat.

When he said it was ready, I grabbed my robe and walked inside seeing rose petals sprinkled everywhere with a few scented candles. Wow he's everything.

"You relax and I'll whip you something to eat

"You relax and I'll whip you something to eat." He instructs, slipping my robe from my shoulders. Once I heard the bathroom door close, I hurried into the tub feeling the perfect temperature of water.

Taking a deep breath, I sat in silence with both eyes closed. Feeling relieved in seconds, I reopened my eyes wishing I had brought my phone along with me.

"Well now I'm bored." I sigh, flickering my attention around the room up to the moment it landed on a black box at the edge of my tub. How am I just seeing this? I leaned forward, grabbing it then popping up the top.

"I'm going to freaking kill him." I whine, admiring the beautiful piece of jewelry in front of me.

He's been too good to me and I was really grateful for him

He's been too good to me and I was really grateful for him. Ending my relaxation bath early, I got out and changed into a pair of sweats and one of Jace's shirts that I claimed as mine, along with my new favorite bracelet.

I jogged downstairs and to the kitchen, seeing Jace over the stove with a smell that is to die for. "I didn't even hear you come down the stairs."

"I move in silence." I joke poking his side while trying to peek at what he's making.

"It's almost done little girl." He says mushing my head from the stove and I whine. "I see you've found my present to you."

"Yes," I blush feeling the diamonds. "It's very beautiful. Thank you for it."

"Well I had to give you a hint of what's to come," He shrugs lifting me on the counter, standing in between my legs. "Because trust me, there's more where that came from."

"You don't have to, you know? I don't want you to feel obligated to shower me because of anything."

"Serenity, meeting you has blessed me completely. You've been giving me so many opportunities these few months and it's time I start paying you back."

"Did it hurt when you feel from heaven?"

He started grinning, "Yes. It actually did and I got a bump to prove it. Wanna see?"

I giggled while he lowered his head and I ran my fingers through it. We got sidetracked in each other so easily that we forgot about my food. Dang.

I hurried to grab open windows to now get the stench of my burnt food out the house. He tosses it all in the trash giving me an apologetic look. "So you got a taste for anything?"

"You do know the food isn't going anywhere, right?" Jace teases as I continue to stuff my face with sweet potatoes. Neither of us could decide on anything so we rode around until we found a soul food place.

"I can't remember the last time I actually enjoyed food or anything of my favorites actually."

"Why?"

"I have my figure to watch. Everything is all about the calories and carbs. I have to maintain a certain weight." I shrug. "I haven't gained in about ten months."

"That's sick Serenity." He spats with an indescribable expression. "Why do you allow the shit like that?"

"Do I really have a choice? I mean, you don't get what it's like to be judged at every day of the hour. People expect certain things of me, I have to abide by it."

"You ever try living for yourself Serenity? Doing things your way? And nobody else's?"

"No." I say putting my empty container in the plastic bag it came in. I became accustomed to it, sad but true. "Are you mad at me?"

"Why would I? I just want you to see yourself like the superwoman that I see in you. I wanna help you get there. I can tell you now that you have a long way to go, but I'm not going nowhere baby. That's a promise."

"I think I might love you Jace." I mumble scared for his reaction and answer. I haven't the L word for various reasons, yes but it's real with him. It's amazing.

"I already know that I love you."

a.n // sucky but cheesy way to end ik but im working on another book based off one of my favorite songs so im kinda excited for that! goodnight. 💛