How it all began.

There are many tales about how all of Equestria was created, many years ago when the first pony made the world, he also made all the ponies in the world. He was larger than any pony than before, he had two sets of wings and twisted horns, he was black and white and was the iconic image of how Equestria used to be, living in peace and harmony. After Discord was created, that's when the world began to fall into ruins and the first pony vanished, ponies say it was because he was ashamed of what he's made, and no pony has seen him since.

~~~~~

It was a stormy night as a mare was having a hard time coping with sickness, her husband was pacing back and forth in the hallway, hoping there would be a miracle. The mare was with a child and knew it was going to be hard for her to give birth, and the more he worried, the more hope he began to give up. The mare was a light gray color with a white mane and tail, her cutie mark was of a medical cross. The husband was yellowish with a green mane and tail, he had no cutie mark. The mare was lying in bed curled up under the blankets, her stomach was hurting so much, and she feared that she would lose her child.

"Little Dawn." A masculine voice said, the mare looked out to see a large, black alicorn with white markings that looked like a skeleton was standing there. "You're not doing very well." He continued.

"Dark Hero!" She exclaimed. "Please, it's not my time!"

Dark Hero chuckled. "No, it's not, but it's mine." He said.

"W-what?" Little Dawn asked in shock.

"The time has come for the pony of death to become a new, and the child you're with will live a full life." Dark Hero started. "But the pony of death he will be, I'm not sure."

Little Dawn was quiet. "I didn't want to see you go so soon." She said quietly.

Dark Hero sat by her bed. "I know it's hard for you to accept it, but please, you have to let go." He said.

Little Dawn looked up at him. "Alright, thanks..." She said quietly. "... I'll miss you, father..."

"And I'll miss you too, my Little Dawn." Dark Hero said with a slight bow.

A dark cloud filled the room as Dark Hero evaporated into a type of mist, the mist was absorbed into Little Dawn, she began to feel better.

"The love of a father is given to a daughter, for the sake of a child." Dark Hero's voice echoed through the room.

Little Dawn fell asleep, hoping that the gift she received would not harm the child in any way.

(I know this chapter is kind of short, but it's the prolog, be assured that the chapters do get longer, later on, I tried very hard to make it worth reading, and I hope you enjoy it.)