Meeting uncle Honeygold.

It's been nearly a week and Applejack was on the farm with Big Mac and Apple Bloom, Granny Smith ran out of the house bucking and singing like a songbird, Applejack was confused.

"What's going on, Granny?" Applejack asked.

"My brother's coming for a visit!" Granny sang happily. "I can't wait to see him!"

Applejack looked over to see Death was walking out of a portal, a shy and timid stallion was following him, it was Honeygold, Granny ran over and gave him a big hug, putting a smile on his face as he hugged her back.

"I'm so glad you came for a visit!" Granny said happily.

Honeygold went quiet as he looked up at Apple Bloom, Applejack, and Big Mac, he walked over quietly.

"Howdy." He greeted quietly.

"You really are our uncle, aren't ya?" Apple Bloom asked.

"I am." Honeygold replied quietly. "But, the princesses have decided to lift the band on blank flanks, we can come and go as we please now."

"Really?" Apple Bloom asked happily. "Does that mean you'll live with us again?"

"No, I'm afraid not." Honeygold replied. "My home is in the forest now, but I will visit often from now on, maybe even help bring back dead species."

"I'd like to get to know my great uncle." Applejack said.

"Yup." Big Mac agreed.

Honeygold smiled. "I'm glad you're willing to spend time with me." He said.

Honeygold walked off with Applejack and her family as Death stood there, he looked upset as he looked down at Granny, she was looking back up at him with a soft smile.

"He only really decided to come back because you convinced him, huh?" Granny asked.

Death let out a sad sigh. "Your name appeared in my book the other day." He replied quietly.

Granny was quiet. "Oh, that was my heart." She said.

"I know." Death agreed. "When I told Honeygold that you probably didn't have much time left, he agreed to come and see the family, so then that way he can still get letters after you're gone."

Granny gave Death's front leg a gentle hug. "I know for a fact you'd reap him too if you could, then we could go together." She said. "But you're the best thing that ever happened to us because you're our friend until the end of time."

Death forced a smile on his face when Apple Bloom looked at him, but got back to spending time with her uncle. By the time it started to get dark, Honeygold walked over to Granny and gave her a hug, the sun went down and he began to decay immediately, he stepped back as he looked to Death.

"I'm ready to go when you are." He said.

"Alright, I'll open a portal." Death agreed.

"Actually." Honeygold started. "I want to walk."

Death was quiet, but nodded in agreement, they both left and began walking through the forest, Honeygold looked up at Death.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm sorry." Death whispered. "I wish I knew how to get rid of the curse so no pony else can suffer from immortality as I do."

Honeygold stopped, Death looked back at him.

"The other blanks became my family, if I can't be with my loved ones, I'm not alone out here." Honeygold said. "I know I'm not forgotten, and I know I'm missed by many, but that doesn't matter to me anymore." He walked over to Death and pulled him into a hug. "If I were gone and the blanks were able to pass on, then you would be alone, suffering in silence, where no pony is there to console you, to tell you everything will be fine."

Death said nothing as he began to walk with Honeygold again, right before Death could leave to go home, Honeygold stopped him.

"I want you to go visit the graves." He said. "You need to be alone with what you've accomplished."

Death said nothing as he walked off, he got to a small graveyard in the forest with only three headstones. The first one was Ruby's grave, the second was Shadow Rainbow's, so it was fresh. Death walked over to the third and laid down, he stared at the name to see it read Little Dawn, Death sniffled quietly.

"Hi." He began to cry slightly. "I miss you very much, mom."

Death covered his face with his hooves, he began to cry harder.

"I wish you could be here with me, telling me how proud you are with everything new that I learned, and giving me the biggest hug every time that I would come home." Death sniffled again. "I wish you didn't have to die young the way you did, you weren't a witch, you were too kind and sweet." He sat up slightly. "But your vaccines are still being used today, barely anypnoy has had Brittle Hoof since, and I'm glad you requested to be buried close to me so I could visit."

Death looked up at the sky to see the moon was high, he sighed softly.

"I love you mom, and nothing will ever change that, because you are my mother and my heart knows how to love because of you." Death said as he stood up. "Now I know why you were so patent with me, because grandpa was slow to learn too, and I wish there was more you could teach me."

Death said nothing as he walked home quietly, he walked inside as Yin looked over quickly, but Death said nothing as he went upstairs. But instead of going to his room, he went to Yin and Yang's room, laying next to Yang who was mostly asleep. Yang woke up slightly as Death laid closely next to him, slightly burying his face into his side, Yang just laid back down and covered Death with his wings, letting him sleep there for the night with him.