Rarity's exchange.

It's been three days since Applejack and Apple Bloom last saw Death, but they were more worried than sacred that Death was actually hurt. It was a bright and sunny day as Rarity was with Spike in the mountains looking for gems, they already had a large wagon full.

"Where should we search next?" Spike asked.

"I'm not sure." Rarity replied. "I just wish there was somewhere else that had more gems."

Rarity and Spike were both jumped by the Diamond Dogs, they were growling slightly.

"You're not taking Rarity again!" Spike shouted as he got ready to fight.

"We're not here for her, we don't want her back after last time." Rover said. (If you don't remember what the Diamond Dogs look like, you'll have to look them up like I did.)

"Then why are you here?" Rarity asked.

"We want to make a deal with you." Spot replied.

"Like?" Spike asked.

"We recently found a cave that had gems sticking out of the walls, but when we tried to pull them out, they wouldn't move." Fido started.

"We wanted you to come and take a look, if you help us, we'll let you take whatever you want." Rover finished.

Rarity looked at Spike, he nodded and they both followed the dogs, they got to a dazzling cave chuck full of large gems.

"I'm guessing this is it?" Rarity asked.

"Yes ma'am, now if you please." Spot replied with a slight bow.

Rarity began using her magic to see the large gems were interconnected with one another and were just a jumbled up mess of gems, Rarity looked at the dogs.

"It looks like we have a lot of work to do, boys." Rarity started. "They're all connected and we might have to break them apart."

"Alright, we'll get our pack and come back." Rover agreed.

Rarity and Spike waited a while until the dogs came back, they began digging and busting the gems out of the walls, Rarity went further into the cave and found deeper gems, but they were rarer. All of a sudden, the cave shook and the walls fell down around her, once the dust settled, it was pitch black and she couldn't see anything.

"Rarity!" Spike shouted on the other side of a rock slide. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine, but I can't see anything." Rarity replied.

"Wait here and I'll go get some help." Spike said.

"Like I have much of a choice." Rarity said.

"Alright, I'm going to go get help while you guys stay here and try to move these rocks." Spike said before running off.

Rarity sat there for hours just listening to the Diamond Dogs bicker and squabble with each other as they tried to move the rocks, but nothing seemed to be working, then they went quiet.

"Run!" Fido shouted.

"It's the black beast!" Rover shouted.

Rarity heard all the dogs runoff, then it fell silent, Rarity began pounding on the rocks.

"Hello? Did you forget about me?" Rarity shouted, but there was no reply.

She began pacing back and forth in panic as she tried to figure out what to do, as she circled around for the seventh time, she tripped over something that wasn't there before.

"Ouchy!" Rose said happily.

"Wh-what?" Rarity asked in confusion.

"Oh, hi!" Rose shouted happily. "I'm Rose!"

"Okay, I'm Rarity, where did you come from?" Rarity asked.

"Oh, you see, I was grounded and ran away to take a nap, then I woke up and thought it was night, then you were here!" Rose replied. "Where is here, anyway?"

"We're trapped in a c-" Rarity was cut off.

"Ooo, what's that?!!" Rose shouted. "What's this?!" She shouted above Rarity. "Look what I found!" She shouted from under Rarity. "It's Shiny!" She said proudly.

"Hold on, wait." Rarity said.

"Yes?" Rose asked rather calmly in front of her.

"Do you have any way to make a light?" Rarity asked.

"I could try." Rose replied.

It was quiet as Rarity heard something crumble, sparks began flying slightly as a fire started, Rose began laughing psychotically while she was holding a gigantic green gem, it was twice the size of her.

"I made fire!" Rose shouted, she looked at Rarity and gasped. "You look like Sweetie Belle!"

"She's my sister." Rarity said.

Rose's smiled vanished as she looked frightened at Rarity, Rarity became scared as she looked over her shoulder, right behind her was Death.

"Well, now I know where you've been." Death said as he looked at Rose.

"Uh oh, I'm gonna be dead meat!" Rose said in a panic.

"What are you going to do with that?" Death asked looking at the gem.

Rose looked at the gem too. "Imma go stuff it in Gray Hoof's chest!" She shouted, then was gone.

"Where did she go?" Rarity asked in a panic. "Was she a ghost?"

"No, surprisingly, I don't think that will ever happen in her case." Death replied. "And I'm thinking she's going to torment the blank flanks and get distracted 3,927 times before she remembers what she was doing in the first place."

"How did she get out?" Rarity asked.

"Your guess is as good as mine." Death replied. "I always get more questions daily after being within 1,000 feet of her, and not one of them have been answered."

"Oh." Rarity said.

"Listen, I'm here to get you out." Death finally said.

"I don't need your help, Spike is supposed to be getting Twilight." Rarity said.

"He can't." Death started. "She's dealing with other matters right now and Spike ended up getting me, I told him he didn't have anything to worry about."

"Well, I don't trust you!" Rarity said angrily.

"How is it that the pony who represents generosity have so much against a kind gesture?" Death asked himself, he walked over to the fallen rocks and kicks a small one on the bottom, the cave opened again. "You don't need to trust me not to reap a pony who's not ready, but you cannot keep me from my job either, I only make exceptions if you are able to save a life." He gestured out of the cave. "Lady's first."

Rarity left the cave to see it was barely becoming night, she followed Death to Ponyville in silence, before he set hoof in town, he stopped.

"Is something wrong?" Rarity asked.

Death looked mildly upset. "Listen, I have things to attend to over in Manehatten, give Spike my regards." He said, he opened a dark portal and walked through it, then he was gone.

Rarity went off back home to see Spike was sitting with Sweetie Belle waiting for her, they both looked up and smiled.

"Rarity, you're okay!" Sweetie Belle shouted happily as she ran up to her and hugged her.

"Where's Death?" Spike asked.

"He had business to take care of, he wanted me to give you his regards." Rarity replied.

Spike looked a little upset too. "I see, I hope he'll be okay." Spike said, he began walking off. "I'll see you tomorrow, Rarity!"

Rarity went inside and told Sweetie Belle the whole experience, Sweetie Belle told her she had nothing to worry about and that everything would be okay.