A sickness.

It's been nearly a week since Twilight last saw Death, and ponies began getting very sick, almost deadly. Twilight was sending letters back and forth to Celestia to try and get to the bottom of what was going on, but they both got to the conclusion that it was a reoccurring of a plague from long ago that just came back, Celestia and Luna both showed up to talk to Twilight face to face.

"Are you sure that's what's going on?" Twilight asked.

"I'm afraid so, we heard the stories and from what I know, many died." Celestia replied.

"It was shortly after Discord started to reign, and there's no record of how many lives were lost in those times." Luna added.

"3,983 died over the span of two weeks." Death said, they all looked at him. "The next two weeks was just over 5,000."

"How many in total before it passed?" Twilight asked in worry.

Death was quiet as he lowered his head and ears. "About three-quarters of the entire population and that would've been around 7,000,000 lives all over Equestria that perished, and it's already taking lives now, I should know." He replied quietly.

"Is that number going to be taken again?" Luna asked in worry.

"No, there's not enough ponies in the world for that number again, but I'm hoping everypony wouldn't be gone by the end of it." Death replied as he looked up again. "The First Pony is trying to find a spell that will clear the virus, but he's having a hard time with time, so he sent me with a message."

Death lifted his wing and pulled off a white feather, but it was a piece of paper, he handed it to Twilight and looked upset.

"I've got to be going again, even though I don't want to." He said, then left through a portal.

"What does the message say?" Celestia asked.

Twilight opened the note. "Dear Twilight Sparkle, I have a favor to ask, and it involves the recent epidemic that's been occurring. I need you to make a quarantine base in the most popular areas around Equestria with your friends, the six of you are immune to the outbreak because of the elements of harmony, they are protecting you. I need a place at your castle as well because the worst spot right now is Ponyville, and I fear that it's just going to get worse if the sick aren't separated from the well." Twilight read out loud.

"I suppose we should head back to our castle and let you work." Celestia said.

"I don't know if I can do it without your help, though." Twilight said.

"You don't have to worry, I'm sure The First Pony's going to keep you informed about what to do." Celestia said.

"Besides, if you really need our help, you can always send a letter." Luna added.

"Alright, be safe." Twilight agreed.

Celestia and Luna both left as Twilight told her friends about the note, and they got right to work, which took three days to make each base, Twilight was keeping in touch with her friends, and it just seemed like it was getting worse because ponies kept going under quarantine, Twilight jumped when she heard a little colt scream in fear, she looked over to see Death was there, he didn't look happy as he looked at everypony.

"Death, what are you doing here?" Twilight asked, not sure if she wanted a reply.

Death lifted his wing and pulled off another white feather, it was a piece of paper again.

"Yin wanted me to give you thins." He replied, handing the paper to her. "I don't want to be here long, I know everypony's scared of me right now."

He turned and left without another word, Twilight opened the note to read it, it was just blank.

"There's nothing on this." She said aloud.

All of a sudden, words began to appear. "I had to make sure you got it first." It read, then the words changed again. "How is everything going with you?"

"I'm talking to paper." Twilight replied.

The words changed again. "It's an old spell that's been long forgotten, it comes in handy when I need to speak to many ponies at one time, you're friends seem just as confused." It read, then it changed again. "I need a pony count from your castle, there's no hurry, I just need to know how many I need to heal."

"I'll do what I can." Twilight agreed.

The words changed again. "Good, just tell the paper when you're done, I'll get the message back." It read.

Twilight didn't really question as she began taking a headcount, the numbers were a little higher than she thought, she looked back at the paper.

"1,246." She said.

The words changed. "That's a lower number than what Applejack gave me, I'm glad it's not devastating." It read, it changed again. "Thank you for letting me know."

"What's the total count?" Twilight asked.

The words changed again. "I don't think you really want to know, because it's not just ponies that are dying." It read, it changed again. "The animals are with others who are immune to the plague as well."

"Like who?" Twilight asked.

The words changed again. "Don't worry about it, they're in good hooves." It read.

"Are Fluttershy's animals with them?" Twilight asked, the paper didn't change, she felt really bad.

"Twilight." One other pony said, she looked at her to see she looked scared. "I haven't seen Spike for a while, you should go check on him."

Twilight's heart sank slightly, she went off to check in on Spike to see he was breathing heavily and coughing, like how everypony else was.

"Oh no, Spike!" Twilight said as she ran to his side, he looked up at her. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, just not really feeling well." He replied. "I think I got sick too."

Twilight got down to his level. "Then you stay in bed from now on, you don't have to help anymore." She said.

"You don't have to worry about me, I'm sure I'll be fine." He said as he laid down, he then fell asleep.

Twilight went back to work now really worried about Spike, she wasn't sure if since he was a young dragon if he was going to survive or not, she sent a message to Yin saying there was another that was sick, but she didn't get a reply back, hope began to fade throughout Equestria.