A date with Death.

It's been a week since Shadow Rainbow was reaped and it was late in the evening, Yin and Yang were in the kitchen getting ready to swap out for the night when Death came down the stairs with a grin on his face, Yin quickly stopped him and he looked up at them both.

"What's with the smile?" Yang asked.

"I have something to do." Death replied. "I'd love to talk, but I have to be going, I don't have much time."

Death went around Yin and out the door, Yang looked at Yin.

"He doesn't smile like that when he has someone to reap." Yang said.

"I'm going to follow him." Yin said as he left too.

Yang sighed. "Well, I guess have fun." He said.

Yin followed Death through the forest until he got to the Two Sister's castle and he went in, Yin followed to see Death was standing in the throne room, he was smiling as he looked up at the broken window to see the moon was rising.

"Come on, you promised." Death muttered.

Luna's silhouette appeared over the moon and she flew through the window, she landed next to Death and looked at him.

"Alright, I'm here like we planned." Luna said. "Why did you want to meet with me?"

"Well, because you've been so high-strung and trying really hard to get ponies to like you again." Death replied. "I don't want a repeat with you and your sister, so let's just have some fun."

Luna sighed. "I don't know, I have work to do tonight." She said.

"Please?" Death asked as he tilted his head to the side. "I don't have any work to do, and I don't know if we'll have a chance like this again." He lowered his head slightly. "I've been dealing with a lot since Shadow Rainbow was taken down, and I've been cleaning up her mess since."

"Well..." Luna started. "I suppose I can hang out for a couple of hours."

Death smiled again. "Great!" He agreed. "That'll be long enough for me."

Yin was quiet as he saw Death and Luna play with the pranks and tricks of the castle like little foals, he actually liked to see Death unwind like this, he really needed it. Death eventually stopped and his smile faded, Luna took notice immediately.

"What's wrong?" Luna asked quickly. "Is it your job?"

Death shook his head. "I... just don't understand why you want everyone to show how much they care." He replied quietly.

Luna was quiet. "What are you talking about?" She asked.

"You got jealous of your sister because she was more loved by the public than you were." Death replied as he looked up at her again. "I don't care about what they think about me, as long as I know at least one pony likes me."

Luna looked down slightly. "No one liked me." She said quietly.

"What about Celestia?" Death asked. "Didn't she like you?"

Luna was quiet. "I wish she showed it more." She replied. "My sister was so wrapped up in being a princess to really pay any mind to me."

Death looked upset as he looked away. "What about me?" He asked.

Luna looked at him. "I thought you were dead." She said.

"So?" Death asked as he looked back at her. "My mom's been dead for centuries and I know she still loves me."

Luna looked upset. "I guess I kind of forgot about you." She replied. "I mostly forgot everything of my past before we were princesses, most everything is fuzzy before the fight between Celestia and me here."

"I get that." Death agreed quietly. "My memories are fuzzy too, mostly because I tried to forget everything that made me unhappy."

Luna pulled Death into a caring hug. "I'm sorry you have to deal with this, I know you hate death." She said.

"It doesn't bother me as much now, I've seen the other side several times now." Death said. "All it is is a door you pass through so you can be with your loved ones, and I even got to meet old family members that I never knew about." Death sighed and moved away slightly. "I even met my real father too."

"What was he like?" Luna asked as she stood right next to him.

Death was quiet. "He wasn't the best." He replied quietly. "I'm glad he didn't raise me."

Luna leaned on Death's shoulder as they sat on the old steps in the throne room, she nuzzled his face with care.

"I'm glad you're finally happy with being you now." She said.

Death sighed again. "I have to go now, duty calls." He said as he stood up.

Death leaned over and gave Luna a kiss on her cheek before he disappeared through a portal, Luna was in stunned silence as she held her cheek, she smiled slightly as she got up and left through the window, Yin quickly ran home to wait for Death, but Yang was still up waiting for him.

"So, what was going on?" Yang asked.

"Death was on a date with Luna." Yin replied.

Yang was quiet. "Then we let it be." He said as he began to walk off.

"Wait, what?" Yin asked as he followed Yang.

"Death has expressed his feelings for Luna many times over the years, and I've been picking up on the subtle hints he's been leaving so I knew this was going to happen at some point." Yang replied. "You shouldn't let Death find out about your little adventure of spying, he'd be very upset if he did find out."

Yang didn't say another word as he went off to their room, Yin went back downstairs and made it seem like he was doing something else so Death wouldn't know, and when Death came back, he was just quiet as he went to his room, Yin sighed sadly as he looked back at the book he was drawing in.

"I wish I could help him so he can be happy." Yin whispered.