Dancing with Death.

It's been a couple of weeks since the fillies and colts were brought back and things were settling down. Twilight woke up that morning with some sort of halter on, there was no rope, and she couldn't get it off.

"What is this thing?" Twilight asked in fear. "Why can't I get it off?"

"It's an old magic, not even I can get it off." Twilight heard on the floor next to her bed, she looked down quickly to see Death. "The only way for it to come off if the pony who placed it takes it off, or I make a friend or two."

"Why me?" Twilight asked in even more fear.

"That I cannot answer that." Death replied as he stood up. "We won't be able to go very far from each other or a rope will appear, but only at ten feet."

"I had plans today, I had to go help Applejack with her apples today, and Pinkie Pie invited me to go to a party she's throwing for Angel!" Twilight exclaimed. "I can't cancel!"

"Then we better get a move on." Death said as he began walking.

"Wait, you can't go!" Twilight said.

"And why not?" Death asked as he looked back at her. "I'm like everypony else, I deserve to have a little fun every now and again, right?" Then he looked slightly dissatisfied. "Or do I not get the privilege of that anymore?!"

Twilight was quiet as she just stared at him, she was somewhat scared of him now because of his tone of voice, but she didn't argue. They left the castle and got to the Apple farm to see that everyone was already started, Applejack looked over to see Twilight with Death, she looked slightly worried.

"Sorry I'm late, I was a little delayed this morning." Twilight apologized.

"What's with the Pony of Death?" Applejack asked. "I thought he didn't come to town during the day?"

"I don't have much of a choice this time, we're stuck to one another." Death replied. "I'm following Twilight around for a while, so everypony will have to get used to it."

Applejack was quiet, but couldn't argue with him, and he couldn't even help gather apples because he would just make them rot with his magic. After they were done there, they went to Fluttershy's place for the party, but all the animals were scared of Death himself, so Twilight had to stand by the door the entire time as Death stood outside by himself, he looked rather upset.

"He's such a gloomy cloud." Rarity said. "He needs to just leave or disappear completely."

"Well, he doesn't seem like such a bad stallion." Pinkie Pie said.

"Well, I don't know for sure." Fluttershy started. "Angel and all the other animals seem really scared of him, and I don't think the stare would even work on him."

"That's saying something if that wouldn't work." Rainbow Dash said.

"Mostly because I'm afraid to look him in the eyes." Fluttershy added.

"Well, he can't be that bad, right?" Twilight asked with a nervous smile.

"That's the thing, we don't really want him around." Rarity said.

The party continued as everypony talked, but Death sat outside with his head low, he could hear everything they were saying about him, but there was nothing he could do about it. That night when they got back to Twilight's castle, Death just sat by the window looking out at the moon, he hadn't said a word since that morning.

"Aren't you going to bed?" Twilight asked.

Death didn't reply as he watched the moon rise, he could see Luna's silhouette fly across the sky, he walked over quietly and curled up on the floor. Twilight laid down in bed and stared at the ceiling, she jumped slightly when she heard sobbing, she looked over quickly expecting it to be Spike, but he wasn't even in the room, she looked over the edge of the bed to see Death was covering his face with his hooves and was sobbing quietly, Twilight was feeling kind of bad about the day.