A day of near relaxation.

It was three weeks since the attack on the castle and Celestia was in the throne room with Luna, even though she was tired, Celestia was going through a lot since she last saw Death, knowing it was their best friend from years ago that they cast out with all the other blank flanks. Guards were standing there just trying to figure out why Celestia was so upset, but they just didn't know, the doors to the throne room opened and everypony looked over, Death was walking in with his long hair back, he was stopped by the guards before he could get any closer.

"What brings you here?" Luna asked.

Death opened a wing and grabbed the book he took, he set it down and slid it passed the guards.

"Thank you for letting me borrow that." Death said, he turned to leave.

"Wait." Luna said, Death stopped and looked back. "Won't you stay awhile?"

Death was quiet, but began heading back, the guards seemed really hesitant to let him past.

"Let him pass." Celestia ordered.

The guards let him walk up to the two, Luna used her magic and grabbed a chair, Death was quiet as he sat down. All of them were quiet for nearly ten minutes, then one of the guards cleared his throat.

"It's alright, we'll be just fine." Celestia said.

All the guards looked at one another, then back at her, but they all left anyways, it went back to being quiet.

"So, you know now." Death finally said.

Celestia lowered her head. "I'm sorry for everything." She said.

Death was quiet again, Luna nudged Celestia with her wing.

"I..." Celestia continued. "I just want to know..." She looked back up at him. "Do you forgive me? Forgive us?"

Death was quiet as he looked away, he had no expression but more like a permanent frown, he didn't reply.

"I'm sorry too." Luna said. "We didn't mean for all of that to happen."

"Ever since we became princesses, we wanted nothing more than to be normal ponies again, so we could be with you again." Celestia said. "We missed you so much that we even built you your own room in the castle."

Death looked at them again, his eyes were a little wider now with surprise.

"Really?" He asked. "You wanted me to live here with you?"

"Of course." Luna replied with a smile. "You're the only one who could keep her entertained for hours and not get bored, she gets on my nerves sometimes."

Death smiled and chuckled. "You two haven't changed a bit" He said.

"Would you like to go see the room we made for you then?" Celestia asked, slightly excited.

"Might as well while I'm here." Death agreed.

The three of them got up and began heading down the hall, they got to a room that was very nice and tidy, it had golden curtains and a royal blue bed set, Death looked around as he walked in.

"It's missing a couple of things here." Death said as he looked back at them.

"Like what?" Celestia asked.

Death opened a small portal and pulled out a yellowed scroll, he opened it and hung it on the wall, it was a painting of the First Pony creating life for the world.

"Now it's perfect." Death said, he looked at Luna and Celestia. "I hope you don't mind, but if I want to stay, am I free to?"

They both smiled. "You know you're always welcome here, just at least say hello if you are." They said in unison.

Death smiled too. "Thanks." He looked around again. "So, uh, what do you want to do now?"

Luna was quiet as she began thinking, she looked over at Celestia to see a devious smile on her face. There were no words as she got ready for a pillow fight, she threw a pillow at Death and he smoothly dodged out of the way.

"You think you can catch me by surprise?" He asked, then launched the pillow right back at her, hitting her in the face.

He began laughing as Celestia tried hitting him back, he dove behind Luna and Celestia ended up hitting her instead, making him laugh harder. After three hours, Death finally went quiet and stopped in his tracks, he looked depressed all of a sudden.

"Black?" Celestia and Luna asked.

"I... gotta go now." He replied, he didn't say another word as he went through a portal.

"It must be hard for him since he became what he is today." Luna said.

"Knowing him, he probably still hates death." Celestia agreed.

Later that night, Death got home as Yin looked up at him, he was writing something down.

"There was chaos at the castle today, were you aware?" Yin asked.

"Yes, I was sort of the cause." Death replied, he walked over to Yin and laid next to him. "The fun was ruined by this stupid cursed mark."

Yin pulled Death's head close with one of his wings. "I know, it's just so howwible!" Yin said in a baby voice.

Death pushed him away. "Quit it, I'm not a little colt anymore!" He said angrily.

Death didn't say anything else as he went up to his room, Yin looked at his book to see the doodle he was drawing was trying to escape, he let out a sigh as he closed the book and laid down.

"You upset him again, didn't you?" Yang asked.

"Yeah, it seems like no matter what we do, he's just miserable all the time." Yin replied. "Got any suggestions?"

"If I did, I would have taken action years ago." Yang replied. "All we can really do now is just support him through hardships and make him as comfortable as we can."

Yin groaned angrily. "I don't want to have to wait to try and get him happy slowly, I want him happy now!" He said.

"I know, I do too." Yang agreed.

"Maybe one of us should go talk to him?" Yin suggested.

"Yin, we've done that already, he won't talk." Yang replied.

Yin was quiet. "I just wish this was easier for him." He said quietly.

"I wish it was easy for anypony who has had the mark and will get the mark next." Yang said. "It's not fun, but it has to be done."

"I know." Yin agreed. "We may be able to do it, but it's only temporary until the new Pony Of Death learns and takes over again."

"Let's stop talking about this, I'm getting bummed out." Yang said.

"Yeah, same." Yin agreed.

Yin opened his book again and found his doodle that ran off, he kept goofing around with it until dawn.