Giving up the job.

It's been weeks since Twilight went to try and talk to Death, and Yin and Yang were having a huge fight, Death was trying to get them to stop, but being the size he was, he couldn't do much.

"Well, maybe if you actually did your job, we wouldn't be in this mess!" Yin shouted.

"I was doing my job!" Yang shouted back.

"I hate you!" Yin screamed.

"I hate you more!" Yang screamed louder. "I wish you never existed!"

Death finally had enough as he left the house, he opened a portal and got to Discords realm, he hid slightly after seeing Death.

"No, I don't have Rose with me." Death said.

"Oh, thank Equestria!" Discord sighed in relief. "So, what brings you here?"

"Fix Yin and Yang." Death ordered.

Discord placed his hand on his chin as he hummed and hawed. "I don't think my magic would be strong enough for that." He finally replied.

"I don't care about the consequence, I'll help." Death said. "And you know what I mean."

"That's a big step, are you sure you want to do that?" Discord asked in surprise.

"Does it look like I'm joking?" Death asked with a dark look.

Discord was quiet. "You know what would happen, right?" He asked.

"I do." Death replied. "Just do it, because if you don't, all of Equestria will end and everything will cease to exist."

Discord was quiet. "Alright, let's give it a shot." He agreed.

Back with Yin and Yang, they were still fighting and arguing, trying to overpower one another, then all of a sudden, they pulled apart from each other and looked at themselves, Yin was full black with a black mane and tail with double wings and twisted horns, Yang was full white with the same features, they glared at each other before leaving as far away from each other as possible. Yin went to the south, while Yang went to the north, they were so angry they used their magic to destroy ice statues. A week passed as Yang was still sitting in the north, but something was off, peace was out of order, meaning Yin was doing something he wasn't supposed to, but he didn't want to talk to him, what would he say? Thinking about what Celestia went through, he decided to go ask her for her wisdom, which was the first.

"Celestia." Yang said waking her from her sleep. "I must speak with you."

Luna was walking the halls in the castle when she heard someone bawling, she looked out the window into the courtyard to see Yin, he looked lost and confused, she walked out to see what was wrong.

"Are you alright?" Luna asked.

"Oh, good, I found you, I need help!" Yin shouted.

"What's going on?" Luna asked.

"Something happened between Yang and I and we haven't spoken since, and now balance in Equestria is off, and I think it has something to do with him." Yin replied. "I want to talk to him, but I don't know if he'd want to even see me."

"Um, let's go talk with Celestia and see what she suggests." Luna said.

Yin followed Luna inside as they began walking down the hall, they got to the throne room to see Celestia walk in with Yang behind her, Yin and Yang glared at each other.

"What are you doing with the balance!" They shouted in unison, they went quiet. "What?"

Yin looked away slightly. "You're not the cause of what's going on?" He asked.

"No, are you?" Yang asked in worry.

Yin shook his head. "I thought it was you." He replied.

Celestia and Luna were both shocked to see they were two separate ponies, Yin and Yang began pacing passed each other as they began thinking, Yin stopped suddenly.

"Where's Death?" He asked quickly as he looked at Yang.

Yang was quiet as he stared back at Yin, he opened a portal quickly as they both ran through, they were in the living room of their house, but Death wasn't there.

"Where is he?" Yin asked in worry. "Ponies aren't getting reaped!"

"Calm down, maybe he got stuck somewhere and hasn't been saved yet?" Yang suggested, hoping that was just the case.

"And what if he's not?" Yin asked angrily.

"Then we better be getting to work right away." Yang replied.

Yin groaned, but went through his own portal as Yang went through his own, they began reaping ponies until the balance was back, they both got back to the house to see Death was home and laying on the floor in the living room near the couch, Yin got angry and stopped over.

"Where were you?" He asked angrily.

Death didn't reply as he was hiding under the blanket, Yin stomped again.

"You better answer me!" Yin demanded.

"Yin." Yang started.

"What?!" Yin asked as he looked at him angrily.

"Something's wrong." Yang replied.

"Like what?" Yin asked with a shout.

The door opened as Swirl walked inside, she looked up at both Yin and Yang in surprise, Death looked over at her too.

"Um." Swirl started, she walked passed Yin and Yang and over to Death. "I brought you some medicine to help with the achiness."

"Swirl, what's going on?" Yang asked.

Swirl didn't reply as Death began drinking something, she made a small gesture and Yang grabbed Yin and pulled him outside, they both waited until Swirl walked out.

"What's going on?" Yang asked. "Is Death okay?"

"No." Swirl replied as she looked up at them. "Black isn't."

Yang was quiet. "What's that supposed to mean?" Yin asked in slight concern.

"Death is gone." Swirl replied. "He just wanted what was best for you."

Yin was confused. "Did he...?" Yang started.

Swirl nodded. "He gave up his cutie mark to save you two." She replied.

To be continued!