A trip through Everfree forest.

It's been three days since the sickness was cleared and Twilight was heading upstairs in her castle to check on Spike who was taking care of Death since he was still unresponsive, when she walked into the room, she saw Death was standing with shaky legs, Spike was trying to get him to lay down again.

"Oh, Death, you're awake!" Twilight said.

"I have to go." Death said as he went to take a step, but he fell to the floor again and tried to stand up on his own.

"You shouldn't be trying to stand on your own until you're strong enough to even lift your head." Spike said.

"I have to go!" Death snapped. "He's dying!"

"Uh, who?" Twilight asked in worry.

"I have to hurry!" Death said.

Death shut his eyes tight to try and use his magic, but it only opened a pea-sized portal that disappeared almost as soon as it appeared, he laid motionless on the floor.

"Are you okay?" Spike asked.

"I have to get home!" Death began to cry.

"Um, I could take you?" Twilight said. "I'll ask Applejack if we could use one of her apple carts so you don't have to walk or do anything."

Death looked at her with tears running down his face. "Please hurry, I'm running out of time." He said.

"Spike, keep an eye on him, I'll try and hurry." Twilight said running off.

Twilight found Applejack on Sweet Apple Acers harvesting apples, Applejack looked at Twilight in worry.

"Is somethin' wrong?" Applejack asked.

"I need to borrow one of your carts so I can take Death home, he can't walk on his own so I wanted to take him." Twilight replied.

"I'd love to help ya, but I'm way too busy today." Applejack said.

"It's okay, I'll handle it just fine." Twilight said.

"The cart you can use is over there." Applejack said pointing to a small, old cart. "It's not much compared to the newer ones we use for harvesting, but it'll be the right size for him for sure!"

"Thanks, I just gotta hurry, Death said he was dying." Twilight said taking the cart.

She got back to her castle to see Death was sitting outside with Spike, Spike was braiding Death's hair, Twilight walked over and helped Death into the cart.

"Thanks." Death said as he laid down.

Twilight began heading to Everfree forest as Spike sat in the cart with Death, Twilight wasn't really sure where they were going.

"Death!" Somepony shouted.

Twilight and Spike looked over as Toxin ran over, Death looked up at him too.

"Man, you used that spell, didn't you?" Toxin asked.

"I... don't want to talk about it." Death said looking away.

"Then we won't." Toxin said, he looked at Twilight. "Would you like me to escort you through the forest?"

"I'd like that." Twilight replied with a smile.

"Come on, this way." Toxin said as he began walking off, he looked over his shoulder. "Though, I have to warn you that the road is a little dangerous, so you need to be careful not to break your cart."

"I'll try and be careful." Twilight agreed.

They began heading deeper into the forest as they got to Zecora's house, Toxin looked around nervously to make sure she wasn't anywhere nearby.

"Alright, the trail here on out is dangerous, come this way." Toxin said darting back behind Zecora's house.

Twilight hurried back and followed Toxin, there wasn't much of a trail back there, but Twilight followed as best as she could, she looked back at Death to see he had his eyes closed, Spike was making sure he wouldn't fall out of the cart.

"Is he doing okay?" Twilight asked.

"I'm fine, just get me home." Death replied.

"Don't worry about him, I'm keeping a good eye on him." Spike said.

Twilight kept following Toxin as she tried to pull the cart over large rocks and through deep holes, Toxin ended up having to help Twilight pull the cart, they got to the clearing and went to the house.

"Alright, let's get him inside." Toxin said.

Death forced himself up as he walked to the door and opened it with his hoof, Twilight and Toxin looked in to see Death walk over to a blob on the floor as Swirl was standing in the kitchen, Death stood there with shaky legs.

"I told you not to do that!" Death shouted at the blob. "I told you not to use your magic in unison!"

The blob moved and looked at Death, that's when Twilight noticed it was Yang, he looked like he was skin and bone, Death took a step and nuzzled his face.

"But I'm glad you did, not many parished this time." He added as he laid next to Yang. "Even though you risked your life to save so many, I guess we both are stubborn when it comes to life."

Yang nuzzled Death back. "And I told you not to use any magic you didn't understand yet." Yang said with a chuckle. "But I'm glad you did as well, I'm proud you're learning new things on your own for once."

Yang and Death both laid down, Swirl smiled slightly as she walked to the door and dismissed them all as she followed them outside.

"I'll keep an eye on them both, you go back to Ponyville." Swirl said, she looked at Toxin. "Make sure they have a safe passage back home since the sun is going down."

"Will do, just keep an eye out for Rose, I haven't seen or heard her in a while." Toxin said.

"You'll never take me alive, Toxin!" Rose shouted somewhere in the distance.

"I'm sure she's just fine, like she always is." Swirl said.

"Get back here, brat!" Somepony else shouted where Rose was.

"Never, coppers!" Rose shouted.

There was an explosion off somewhere with a rainbow mushroom cloud, Toxin just looked nervous.

"Uh... Let's just hope there's a forest here to come back to." He said as he began walking off.

Twilight began following as Spike sat on her back while she pulled the cart, it was well past dark when they finally got out of Everfree forest, though Toxin didn't move any further out of the forest.

"Um, this is as far as I can go without being seen, ponies don't like things they don't understand." Toxin said nervously.

"All I'm asking is to keep an eye on Death, he did give Spike more time instead of reaping him." Twilight said.

"Don't worry, as long as they both get some rest, they'd make a full recovery." Toxin said.

Rose slid out and under Toxin, she squealed in excitement and dragged Toxin off into the forest, three other blank flanks somewhat trotted over, they were all panting and tired as they collapsed.

"How... can that little brat... get us to pant like this?" One of them asked tiredly.

"She does that." Spike said.

The three looked at them both. "Oh, it's the dragon hatchling." Another said.

"Just stay out of our business!" The last said.

The three got up and walked back into the forest, Twilight and Spike both went home for the night.