The daily life of Black Death.

Author's note: From here on out, this book will start revolving around Death and the First Pony and all the blanks, Just thought I'd let you know that much at least.

Death woke up in bed to hear something crash downstairs, followed by an uproar of laughter from Yin, Death got out of bed and went down to see breakfast was being made, pots and pans were scattered all over the floor.

"Morning." Death said as he walked over to the counter, he tried his best to climb the stool that was much taller than him. "What's for breakfast?"

Death was lifted by Yang's magic. "I'm trying to make stir-fried fruits to go on pancakes, but Yin's been a pain in my flank all morning." Yang replied.

"Yin, I was up all night last night doing research for Swirl, can you please behave until I go out to tell her what I found?" Death asked.

"No, I'd be asleep by then!" Yin replied next to Yang's head. "Besides, I'm trying to cheer you up!"

Death looked to where Yin's voice was coming from with narrow eyes. "Do I look happy?" He asked.

"Um, no, you don't." Yin replied.

"Then stop." Death demanded.

Yang put down a plate in front of Death, he grabbed silverware with his hooves as he began eating, not even using his magic to do so, Yang grabbed a brush without his magic and began running it through Death's hair.

"What did you find last night?" Yang asked.

"Hopefully something useful, but she won't like the news I have as well." Death replied.

"What news?" Yin asked.

"She can't get her cutie mark back, but maybe she'll become mortal again." Death replied. "But if that happens, one of two things will happen."

"And that would be?" Yang asked.

"Her age will catch up and I'd have to reap her, or, she'll become cursed like all the other blanks." Death replied, he looked down sadly. "I don't want to have to reap her, but I don't want her to be miserable for the rest of her life either."

"I'm sure everything will be okay." Yang said as he put down the brush. "Would you like me to braid your mane?"

"No thanks, it gets stuck on bushes a lot more that way." Death said as he finished up, he hopped off the stool. "I'll be back later, maybe."

Death left and went to Everblank village to see Toxin and Rose were playing Sticks and Stones, Death smiled because he remembered when Toxin first made that game, he walked off and found Swirl.

"Here's what I found." Death said as he handed over all the notes he took.

"Thank you." Swirl said, she began reading over it quietly. "Oh."

"Yeah, that's the only downside." Death agreed.

"I see." Swirl said. "It's fine, I just hope I'm dying and not changing since I won't be able to get that back."

"Yeah, I hope so too." Death said as he lowered his head sadly.

"Hey, it's okay, I'll be honored to have you reap me." Swirl said as she got down to his level.

"Unless I can't." Death added as he looked away. "I don't want you to suffer."

"It's fine with either outcome." Swirl said. "I either get to be happy with the people I used to live with, or I get to be happy with everypony I've come to know." She pulled Death close. "Besides, if it wasn't for you, I'd still hate the Pony Of Death."

Death looked more upset. "I still hate the Pony Of Death." He muttered.

Swirl gave him a concerned look as he pushed away, he began walking off with his head low. As he was walking through the forest, he was pulled to a stop by his mane, he looked back to see it was tangled in a bush, he groaned angrily as he tried to pull free, but it was of no use.

"Great, first I don't sleep well the night before, then Yin and Yang have a fight, now this." He grumbled angrily, he sat down as he tried not to cry. "I don't want to be here anymore."

He heard the bush behind him shift as he looked back, he saw a mare with a gray coat and an orange and yellow striped mane and tail, her eyes were a glowing yellow void, Death looked down again.

"Black?" She asked, she moved in front of him to show a magnifying glass cutie mark. "Are you okay?"

"Leave me alone, Ruby, I don't want to talk." Death replied as he turned away.

Ruby sat next to him. "What's wrong?" She asked.

Death didn't reply, Ruby pulled him closer as he tried to pull away.

"I'll listen, Black." She said.

Death began bawling on Ruby's shoulder. "I hate this!" He sobbed.

"I know." Ruby agreed. "Everything isn't always easy, but I know what you're talking about, but what can be done about it?"

"I don't know, I just want it to stop." Death whispered with a quivering voice. "I just want everything to be okay now."

"Everything will be fine as time passes, but all you can do now is hope and wait." Ruby said.

"I know." Death agreed, he wiped his eyes. "I'm fine now." He sniffled.

"Alright." Ruby said, she then vanished as Death got back to what he was doing.

Later that night, Death was just finishing up reaping an old stallion, he closed and locked the door behind him as he just went home, he walked in to see Yin was tossing everything about as Yang was just yelling at him to stop, Death was quiet as he walked passed them in silence, making Yin go quiet.

"Black?" Yang asked.

"I don't want to talk about it." Death replied as he went to the stairs, he opened a door of a smaller staircase and went up to his room, he laid down and began to cry heavily. "I hate this!"

There was a soft knock on the door as it opened, Yin walked in and sat next to the bed, Death rolled over and covered his head as he cried.

"Listen, I know your job is hard, but if you need to talk to someone, I'm here." Yin said.

"I'm here too." Yang added.

"I'll be just fine." Death sniffled. "Just go."

Yin left again as Death laid there, he began to cry harder when he heard Yin walk away from the door.

"I'm not fine..." He said quietly. "And you don't listen to me."