A nightmare.

Death was running in the dark as he tried to run from a large black mass, he was dodging trees and bushes, but he got caught, he looked up in fear as the black mass stood over him, it went to attack him as he sat up in bed quickly, he was trembling and shaking in fear.

'That dream again...' Death thought as he let out a sigh. 'I wonder what that even means?'

He got out of bed and went downstairs to see Yang was making breakfast, Death didn't say anything as he walked to his side and stood quietly, Yang looked down at him.

"Is something wrong?" Yang asked.

Death was quiet. "I just had a nightmare, that's all." He replied.

Yang was quiet as he got back to cooking, Death went over to the stool and was lifted on by Yang's magic, he then put a plate in front of Death.

"I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, it's just a dream." Yang said.

"Yeah, I suppose..." Death said.

After Death was done eating, he left to go to Everblank Village, he saw Toxin and Rose were playing in a mud puddle, Death walked off and found a black mare with a silver mane and a golden tail, she looked up at Death.

"Oh, hello, Death, what brings you here?" She asked.

"I came to ask a question." Death replied. "Would you know anything about dreams?"

She was quiet as she thought. "I do know quite a bit, but I'm no professional." She replied.

"Thanks, Dream Catcher." Death smiled. "What do you need to know?"

"Just tell me about your dream and I'll see what I can do." She replied.

"Well, I'm standing out in a meadow and watching these bright green flowers, all of a sudden, they just start dying and this black mist like mass starts to appear and is very high over me, then it begins to chase me." Death started, he looked a little timid. "Then I trip and fall and it tries to attack me, then I wake up."

Dream Catcher was quiet as she began thinking. "The meadow represents freedom, the flowers are life." She started. "The black mass is death, and for some reason, it's going after you, but it can't kill you."

"Should I worry?" Death asked.

"Perhaps." Dream replied. "It may be something soon, it may be something yet to come, or it could just be something that just won't happen."

"So, it's a warning?" Death asked.

"It seems like it, so you should at least be careful." Dream replied.

"Thank you, you just lifted a burden off of my shoulders." Death said.

"No problem." Dream smiled.

Death walked off and into the forest, he was walking a well-worn path to the Sister's Castle, he went to the library to see Twilight was there reading, Death was quiet as he walked passed the door and off to the throne room, he sat on the throne, or at least what was left of it, and looked bored, Twilight walked in and looked a little relieved.

"Oh, it's just you, I thought it was something dangerous." Twilight said. "Why are you here?"

"I come here often to think, and I can clearly tell you do the same for reading." Death replied.

"What are you thinking about?" Twilight asked. "Maybe I could help?"

Death was quiet as he just stared at her. "Do you know how to separate two ponies that were fused together?" He finally asked.

"Huh?" Twilight asked in confusion.

"I friend of mine told me a story about two ponies fighting and accidentally fused together with their magic, and I was wondering if it was possible to separate them again?" Death replied. "Though it was a very long time ago and they might not be around."

"I'm sorry, but I don't, perhaps I could find a spell?" Twilight suggested.

"Sounds good to me, just leave a note here and I'll find it, though, I suggest you stick it here so Rose doesn't find it." Death said, pointing to a small compartment in the arm of the throne.

"I'll do what I can." Twilight agreed with a smile.

Twilight went to go back to reading as Death sat there thinking, he didn't know what to expect now, but it wasn't good if he was the one to die. After nightfall, Death went out reaping and didn't get back home until late, he could hear Yin cackling and giggle about something, Death walked into the room to see Yin was drawing in his book again, Yin glanced up and saw Death and closed the book quickly.

"Yang said there was something bothering you." Yin said. "Can we talk about it?"

"It was just a nightmare, you don't need to worry about it, Dream already explained it to me." Death replied.

"Do you still want to talk though?" Yin asked as Death went to walk away.

"Listen, I'm tired, I'm not really in a talking mood right now, and I don't think there's anything to talk about." Death replied, then he went off to his room and closed the door. "Besides, you wouldn't listen anyway." He muttered.

He went over and laid in his bed and began crying, he wasn't really sure what his dream meant, but he knew it was something yet to happen.