Fluttershy's rescue mission.

It's been nearly a week since Pinkie Pie and Rose blew up the night and Fluttershy was taking a walk with Angel near the forest, they both stopped when they heard something in the bushes, Fluttershy looked over the bush to see a very wounded fox, it looked like it was stuck in a trap of some sort and it was trying to get out.

"Oh no, you poor thing." Fluttershy said as she tried to get the trap off.

Angel looked slightly scared and panicked as Fluttershy got the trap off, she began checking the fox when she noticed a dark figure in front of her, she looked up to see Death.

"No, you can't take this life, I can help!" Fluttershy said sternly.

"You can't keep me from my job." Death said.

"I said no!" Fluttershy said as she gave him the stare.

Death looked slightly uncomfortable as he took a step back. "I said you can't keep me from my job." He started, she stared harder and Death looked down in fear and respect. "But, if you can change the outcome, then I won't have a job here anymore." He whispered.

"That's more like it." Fluttershy said, she went to pick up the fox, but stopped. "I don't know how to take it back to my place without hurting it."

She looked up as Death walked over and got down next to it, he lifted it slightly on his back and looked at it.

"I suggest you don't move around at all or you'll be stuck in my mane." Death said, he looked at Fluttershy. "Where are we going?"

Fluttershy didn't say anything as she began leading him off to her house, the other animals didn't seem too pleased about Death being there, he put the fox on a bed to rest.

"I might have some medicine to put on the wounds." Fluttershy said as she began going through a cabinet.

Death was quiet as he looked at the fox. "How can I help?" He asked.

Fluttershy looked at him in shock. "Why?" She asked.

Death looked up at her. "If your job mostly involved death and suffering, you'd want to help those instead of reaping them, wouldn't you?" He asked. "Besides, I'm getting tired of the cold shoulder from everypony and not having friends, I don't want to be feared anymore." He said quietly.

Fluttershy was quiet for a moment. "Well, if you could find some herbs with healing properties it would help." She replied.

"It's a good thing I know what I'm looking for." Death said as he opened a portal, he looked back at Fluttershy. "Take care of Melody until I get back."

Death walked through the portal and was gone, Fluttershy kept going through her cabinets until she found some pain relief medicine and put it on the wounds, the fox whined slightly and Fluttershy noticed it was a girl.

"It's okay, Melody, you'll be just fine." Fluttershy said softly.

There was a knock on the door, Fluttershy opened the door to see Applejack, Twilight, and Rainbow Dash.

"Oh, hello everypony, I'm kind of busy right now." Fluttershy greeted as she let them in, then she went back to Melody.

"What happened?" Twilight asked.

"Oh, she was in a trap and I rescued her." Fluttershy replied. "She's in bad shape right now."

"I'm surprised she's still alive." Rainbow Dash said.

"I know, but I was able to convince Death I could nurse her back to health." Fluttershy said.

"How the hay did you do that?" Applejack asked.

Fluttershy looked at them all with a blank look. "I guess the stare really did something to him after all." She replied.

"Alright, Fluttershy, you teach that bully a lesson!" Rainbow Dash cheered.

"Oh no, he's not a bully, he's just doing his job." Fluttershy said.

"Yeah, you can't be making fun of him like that." Applejack added.

"You know he'd take your life if he had the chance, right?" Twilight said. "I've seen what he can do."

"Yeah, besides, he can't be good at anything any normal pony can do." Rainbow Dash added.

"If it wasn't for Death, I would be a pony pancake at the bottom of a ravine right now." Applejack said. "Apple Bloom and I both got lost in Everfree forest and I didn't listen to the warnings and went across that stupid bridge anyways, he saved me and got really hurt doing it, he's not that bad of a pony."

"Are you okay?" Fluttershy asked Applejack.

"Yeah, I wasn't hurt at all." Applejack replied.

"Oh come on!" Twilight complained. "You can't be taking his side!"

There was another knock on the door, Fluttershy walked over and opened it, Death was standing there with a fresh new haircut.

"I decided to have my hair cut so I don't accidentally get any of the animals or ponies stuck." He said as he began heading in, he had bags on his back too.

"It's alright, I can tell you're concerned." Fluttershy said.

Death looked back at her. "Can you please give this to Melody?" He asked as he looked at the bags.

"Sure." Fluttershy said as she took off the bags.

She set it down next to her and she began nuzzling the bags until three little fox heads poked out, they nuzzled Melody back.

"I figured she was going to be here a while and picked up her pups, I didn't need all these lives gone either." Death said, he reached into a pouch around his neck and pulled out a large leaf with blueish-green goo dripping from it. "Rub this on her wounds and she'll be good as new in no time."

"Thank you so much." Fluttershy said.

"No problem." Death said, then he looked mildly upset. "I've gotta go now, but I'll be back later to check on them all."

He opened another portal and walked through, leaving everypony else behind.

"His job must be hard." Fluttershy said. "All he wants is friends."

Later that night, Fluttershy heard somepony in the house and got up, she walked over to see Death was quietly talking to Melody.

"Oh, you're back." Fluttershy said.

Death looked up at her. "I'm glad she's doing okay." He said.

"Are you?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah, it happens." Death replied, he looked back at Melody. "I'm just glad she's going to be fine."

"Are you leaving then?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes." Death replied as he looked back at her. "Thank you for giving me this opportunity."

"No problem." Fluttershy said, Death opened a portal and was about to head through it. "Um." She started, he looked back at her. "If at all you want to come back and help me some more, I wouldn't mind seeing you, and maybe we could have some tea?"

"I'd like that, thank you." Death agreed, then was gone.

Fluttershy sat next to Melody and made sure she and her pups were going to be okay for the night, then she went back to bed.