The Cutie Marks purpose.

It's been nearly a month since Black began school with Celestia and Luna, but Black was falling very far behind because he still couldn't read, write, or use magic, and the teachers were all furious with him. During history class of all of Equestria, the teacher Gray Mist, a stallion with no cutie mark, was teaching the colts and fillies about the first pony.

"The first pony appeared three days after Equestria was created, and was said to roam on his own for a thousand years before granted the magic ability to create others to populate the world, and it is said that the First Pony has created every living being." Gray Mist said. "Even Discord."

"Why would he do that?" Luna said.

"It is said that for the first five hundred years peace upheld the land, and that's when the First Pony's Chaotic side began to grow jealous." Gray Mist replied. "So, as to prove that peace is not forever, and can be brought down, it created Discord, which it realized its error later."

"Is that why he left?" Somepony else asked.

"We believe that he left as to build up a power to overthrow Discord and bring Equestria out of chaos." Gray Mist replied. "We are now awaiting his return, but he does work in mysterious ways."

"That doesn't make any sense." Black started, everypony looked at him. "If the world has been in chaos for so long and is awaiting the return of the pony who started it, isn't it just futile to trust a pony like that?"

"Chaos and peace must rule side by side, if we only have one, then whatever we choose doesn't exist." Grey Mist replied. "I'm sure that this is all part of the plan, the greater the chaos, the greater the peace."

"And that's what I'm saying! If the chaos is so high, why don't they fix it instead of running from it?" Black asked.

Grey Mist was quiet. "I don't know." He finally replied. "That's one of the greatest mysteries."

"I just don't understand." Black said.

"Of course you wouldn't understand, you're too stupid and so slow!" Somepony shouted.

Black became upset and looked away, an alarm began going off which meant Discord was coming, Black panicked quickly and ducked under a desk, Celestia and Luna went over to see if he was okay. The door opened and everypony looked over to see a very large pony with two sets of wings and twisted horns was standing there, he was also white with a black mane, he looked right at Luna and Celestia.

"I'm here for the princesses." He said.

"Princesses?" Celestia asked.

"There are no princesses here." Luna added.

The pony walked over and bowed slightly to them both. "Princesses, I have come to help you overthrow Discord once and for all." He said.

"W-wait, we're the princesses?!" Celestia asked quickly.

"That is why you were born with cutie marks." The pony replied. "Now come, we have much to do."

Celestia and Luna followed the pony off and it went quiet, Black being the size he was, became scared of this large pony, and now his only friends were gone.

A year later when the princesses first became princesses, disturbing reports of blank flanks were coming. The blank flanks were attacking cutie marked flanks for no reason but that they had cutie marks, and the princesses were pressured into banishing them all. Throughout the week, guards chased the blank flanks into the forests and away from every other pony with cutie marks, but Celestia was there helping since she was the elder sister. As she was running ponies out of Ponyville, she noticed a young, almost like a 4-year-old alicorn was being chased too.

"Hey, wait!" Celestia shouted as she chased the pony.

They stopped and looked back, the long dark mane hung down their face and drug nearly 6 feet behind, Celestia realized that it was Black, his light blue eyes made it looked like he was betrayed, and he too was a blank flank still.

"Get him!" One of the guards shouted.

Black took off running and disappeared into Everfree forest, leaving Celestia and everypony else behind.