The history of Grey Vale.

It was three days later as Twilight and her friends were at her castle, they were going through the library to hear a voice, they walked over to see Death was reading a book to a jar full of smoke, it was some sort of foal's tale.

"And then the evil wizard failed miserably and was banished and chased off for all eternity." Death smiled, he closed the book and looked at the jar. "Then he was locked away and grounded."

"Um." Twilight started.

Death looked up quickly. "Oh, hey everypony." He went quiet as he looked worried. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Not very long, we only heard the last part of the story." Rarity replied.

"Oh good, you heard the good part." Death smiled.

"What's in the jar?" Pinky Pie asked.

"Oh, don't pay any mind to him, he's grounded." Death replied.

"What were you reading?" Twilight asked as she walked over.

"Just an old hero's story." Death replied, he looked at the jar. "What was I looking for again?"

There was no reply, Death looked mad.

"You distracted me, so you have to tell me!" Death demanded.

The smoked moved and that's when everypony saw it had eyes, the jar was surrounded in Death's magic and lifted, he looked right at it.

"So help me, I'll give you back to Rose if you don't tell me what I'm looking for." Death growled.

"Alright, alright!" The smoke finally said in a rather high and squeaky voice. "You're looking for the history of Grey Vale, but I have no idea if it'd be called that or Bright Valley."

Death looked slightly annoyed and shook the jar for a moment then put it back down, he began looking through books.

"Twilight, would you have any idea if you have those books?" Death asked.

"I haven't seen anything that said Grey Vale or Bright Valley." Twilight replied. "But I might have seen something like that at the Two Sister's castle."

"Oh goodie, back to the forest I guess." Death said with little enthusiasm.

"So, who is this guy?" Applejack asked.

Death was quiet as he looked down at the smoke. "Do you really want to know?" He asked.

"Yes, we all do." Rainbow Dash replied.

"Very well." Death said. "Do you know of an old famous singer named Knight Shade?"

"Oh, I heard he was the only relief ponies had during the reign of Discord." Twilight replied. "I actually have a book about him."

"That doesn't surprise me." Death replied, he looked back at the jar. "This is the shadow wizard from long ago, who actually made Knight Shade famous, but was using him to steal shadows for his powers, his name's Arabus and he's not a very nice man." Death looked up again. "He got grounded for life by Yin and Yang since they can't destroy him, only Discord can because he created him, but he keeps refusing, but that's fine, Rose loves playing with him."

"Don't give me back to that monster." Arabus grumbled as he folded his arms.

"You be quiet." Death said as he kicked over the jar.

"I guess we should let you go find those books." Twilight said.

"Why do you need the books anyway?" Rarity asked.

"There for Yin and Yang, but they're still weak and couldn't go out looking themselves, so they sent me to do it." Death replied, he picked up the jar and held it under his wing. "Guess I better start walking."

"Why don't you take your portals?" Twilight asked.

"I can't take anypony through because it could kill them." Death replied.

"What about Rose?" Fluttershy asked. "She's been through your portals."

"She's somehow found her way into them by herself, I still don't know how she does it, and I don't know how she's still alive either, it kind of creeps me out." Death replied. "Whelp, better get going."

Death began leaving without another word as he walked through Ponyville, he eventually got back to the Two Sister's castle and found the book he was looking for, he took it back to the house to see Yang was actually up walking around, but Swirl looked rather angry.

"You lay down this instant!" Swirl shouted.

"I'm back, and I found out where Arabus was." Death said, Yang looked over at him as he pulled the book out. "Sorry I was gone all night."

"It's alright." Yang said.

"You should lay down, you're still weak and wobbly." Death said.

Yang was quiet but laid back down, Swirl grumbled as she looked at Death.

"Why does he listen to you?" Swirl asked.

"Because he knows it would make me happy if he recovers." Death replied.

"Fine, but I have to step out for a while, are you going to be able to keep an eye on him?" Swirl asked.

"Yes, I will." Death replied. "Though, I do have to get some sleep at some point today."

"Alright, I'll try and hurry." Swirl said as she left.

Death put the jar on the shelf and he walked to the kitchen to get himself something to eat, after he was done eating he went over to Yang and laid next to him, he rested his head on Yang's front leg and slowly fell asleep, Yang was quiet as he just stared at Death for a moment.

"He's still miserable." Yang finally said in a hushed tone.

"I've noticed." Yin agreed in the same tone. "But what can be done about it?"

"Well, if he'd talk to us and let us know we'd be able to help." Yang said. "But he won't for some reason."

"I know, it makes me mad because he doesn't seem to trust us." Yin said.

"Well, we did take his best friends away from him, then told him he had to practically kill ponies." Yang said as he lowered his ears slightly. "Not to mention he never had a father, and he doesn't know what to do with us, and he doesn't seem to like the fact we fight almost non-stop."

"And we also nearly died and we all know the world would end if that happened." Yin added.

"Don't remind me." Yang said.

It went back to being quiet and Yang ended up falling asleep too, Swirl smiled when she saw them sleeping and knew it was for the best that they had each other because they had something they both needed, a friend, a family, someone who would understand.