Death deals with a decision.

It's been a few days since Death was last out, Yang was finally able to be up and about by himself and allowed Swirl to leave, Death was sitting quietly in the living room on a couch as he was reading something quietly with his chin resting on his hoof as he was reading, Yang stepped outside to water the trees he had growing with fruit.

"Death seems upset about something." Yang said.

"I know, but he won't talk to us." Yin agreed.

"Perhaps we could ask one of the blanks to talk with him?" Yang suggested.

"It all depends on which one, he doesn't talk to all of them." Yin replied.

Yang was quiet for a moment. "Perhaps Twilight might be able to." He added.

"Should we go ask her?" Yin asked.

"I think we should." Yang agreed.

After Yin and Yang were done watering the trees, they went to Twilight's castle to find her talking with Spike, they both looked over to see Yin and Yang standing there.

"Oh, it's good to see you up and about again." Spike said happily.

"Is there a reason why you're here?" Twilight asked.

"I need you to talk with Death, something's been bothering him lately, and he won't talk to us." Yang replied. "Could you please come back with us?"

"I'm not too busy today." Twilight agreed as she got up. "Spike, you keep an eye on the castle and let everypony know what I'm doing."

"Alright." Spike agreed.

Twilight followed Yang through a portal and ended up at his mansion, Yang let Twilight go inside without him and she looked right at Death, he looked up at her as she walked over.

"I see Yin and Yang are back on their hooves." Twilight said.

"Why did they bring you here?" Death asked.

"Huh?" Twilight asked in confusion.

"I know they brought you here for a reason because I know you wouldn't show up on your own." Death replied. "If it's about my mood, I'm not going to talk about it with you."

"Um, yeah, that's why I'm here." Twilight said quietly. "They're worried about you."

"Let them worry, I don't care." Death said as he got back to reading. "If they were worried, they'd know what was wrong by now."

"Why won't you at least tell me?" Twilight asked.

"Because you'd tell them." Death replied as he glared at her. "I'm keeping my thoughts to myself."

Twilight left the house again as Yang looked at her. "How did it go?" He asked.

"He wouldn't tell me because he knew you had something to do with it." Twilight replied. "He said he was keeping his thoughts to himself and added that you should already know the problem."

Yang looked a little upset. "I wish I could tell what was wrong, I've been trying to figure this out with Yin for years, and I think it's because we fight." He said.

"It's not my fault." Yin said.

"Yes, it is!" Yang shouted.

"No, it's your fault all this happened!" Yin shouted back.

"You're the one who got us into this mess!" Yang shouted louder.

"You're the one who made this situation happen!" Yin practically screamed.

"Shut up, both of you!" Death shouted.

The three of them looked over at him, Death stormed off angrily into the forest, Yang looked down sadly.

"It is our fighting." He said sadly.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have started anything." Yin said.

"No, I was the one who started it." Yang said. "It's been my fault this entire time."

Twilight left to let them talk things over as she went back to her castle, Death was walking through the forest quietly with his head low and his hooves dragging the ground, Ruby walked over and joined him.

"What's on your mind?" She asked.

"Can I trust you?" Death asked.

"I won't tell, you know I won't if it's important." Ruby replied. "So what's wrong?"

"I think I have to step in and do something before Yin and Yang rip each other apart." Death replied.

"You know the consequents of that, right?" Ruby asked.

"I do." Death replied. "But it might have to happen."

Ruby was quiet. "Well, I hope it will be the right choice." She said.

"I'm hoping to find a different way to do this, but it might not work." Death said as he stopped in his tracks. "But I'm glad that I was able to make a few new friends along the way."

Ruby walked off quietly as Death finished his walk, he got back to the house to see Yin and Yang were actually having a somewhat pleasant conversation, Death was quiet as he went to walk by.

"Death." Yin started as Death stopped in his tracks. "Can you please talk to us?"

"No." Death replied as he kept going.

He got to his room and laid on the bed and covered his face with his hoof, he began to cry softly because he was scared of the outcome of his decision, Yin was standing outside his door as he listened with Yang, they walked away quietly as they went to their library and laid down in the center of the room.

"Why is he so upset?" Yin asked sadly. "We could help if he needs it."

"Maybe that's the reason why he won't ask." Yang replied. "Perhaps he needs both of our magic for something and he won't ask because it could hurt us."

It went back to being quiet, but they didn't have anything else to talk about for the rest of the night, Yin wasn't even in the mood to doodle.