The darkest of pasts.

It's been three days since Applejack spent some time with Honeygold and she was walking around town, it wasn't unusual now to see blank flanks walking around now, but she was still nervous because she didn't know who were the good ones and who were the bad ones, Death was also seen often in Ponyville too. Applejack walked up to Twilight who was also in town doing some things, they were both quiet as Death was looking around and seeming nervous as if he was waiting for something bad to happen.

"Do you think he's okay?" Twilight asked.

"I don't know." Applejack replied. "He seems a little jumpy if ya ask me."

Death looked at Twilight quickly in fear, he looked away again as he walked off, something seemed off.

"Should we go ask him if he's okay?" Twilight asked.

"We probably should." Applejack replied.

They both walked off to look for Death but couldn't find him anywhere, so they both gave up as they walked off, Death peeked around a building to watch Twilight and Applejack walk away, Death sighed as he lowered his head.

"Death?" Toxin asked as he walked over. "Something's been bothering you the last couple of days, what's wrong?"

"Yin and Yang mentioned something concerning the other day, they didn't know I was listening." Death replied. "They said that history might repeat in a bad way, but they don't know what's going to repeat."

Toxin was quiet as he began to think. "Well, as long as the bozos from Sunny Town stay in Sunny Town we won't have a problem." He said.

"I know, but I don't think it's that." Death added. "I fear the princesses will have another fight."

"Oh, yeah, that might be a problem." Toxin agreed.

"Can you please keep an eye on everypony for me?" Death asked. "I've got to make a stop at the castle for a minute."

"Sure." Toxin agreed happily.

Death opened a portal and went through it, he arrived at the castle in Canterlot and he found Celestia quickly, he stood in front of her as the guards made a wall between them.

"We need to talk." Death said.

"Of course, anything for you." Celestia said as she got up from the throne.

They both went out to the garden, it was quiet as Celestia looked at Death to see how upset he was.

"What's wrong, Black?" Celestia asked.

"How have you and Luna been getting along?" Death asked as he glanced up at her. "And be honest."

It was quiet. "Well, she seems happier for some reason, and I've been getting along with her well." She replied. "Why?"

Death looked away again. "History might repeat, so said Yin and Yang." He replied. "But they don't know which history."

"Well, nothing's been going on here." Celestia said. "So I don't think it's that."

"I'm glad it's not." Death sighed slightly. "I'm going to keep my eye out for any trouble."

"I will too." Celestia agreed.

"Also." Death said as he looked at Celestia fully. "Cut back on the sweets, they're making your flanks big."

Celestia gasped. "Black, you should never insult a lady's figure!" She scolded.

Death smirked slightly. "Well, let me know when you become a lady, then I'll apologize." He said.

"Black!" Celestia shouted.

Death just laughed as she began to laugh too, Death went back to Ponyville and met up with Toxin, but he was still keeping an eye out for anything that could cause trouble. Discord arrived about mid-afternoon to have tea with Fluttershy, Death was keeping a close eye on him and he behaved for the most part, but his behavior improved more when Rose showed up to wreak havoc, Death stood awkwardly in the middle of town as he rubbed his front legs together.

"Hey, Death, is something wrong?" Scootaloo asked.

"I don't know anymore." Death replied. "I guess I'm just having problems."

"Maybe you should talk to Yin and Yang about it?" Scootaloo suggested. "They seem to have the answer."

Death sighed. "I might have to." He agreed.

That evening as Death walked back into the forest with all the blank flanks, he was mostly shuffling as he walked, his mind kept wandering to what Yin and Yang were talking about, he got home to see they were both awake, Death walked over to Yang and reared up, swinging his front legs over his back.

"Is something wrong, Death?" Yang asked.

"I... overheard you the other night." Death replied. "What were you talking about?"

They were both quiet as they looked at each other, then Yin looked up at Death.

"We didn't want to make you panic." Yin started. "But every 50,000 years an event happens."

"Something from history?" Death asked.

"No, we thought it was that until we realized how long it's been." Yang replied. "We call it The Spirit Walk."

"Spirit Walk?" Death asked. "What the hay is that?"

"It's a day for all the spirits who have ever died roam Equestria, and if there's a pony who catches our interest, they will be able to come back to life for a greater cause, and they'll finish their lives they didn't before." Yin replied. "It only works with ponies who died young."

Death was quiet as he looked away. "Maybe... history will repeat?" He suggested. "What if a sickness breaks out and we have no cure?"

Yang sighed. "I know you miss your mom, but it all depends on what we see on that day." He said.

"You don't understand!" Death shouted.

Death jumped off of Yang's back and ran upstairs, slamming the door close, Yang sighed again.

"I know he's upset and didn't get to be with his mother for the length of her life, but he can visit her all the time." Yang said.

Yin was quiet for a moment. "What if he can't?" He asked.

"What are you talking about?" Yang asked.

"You have to remember, we didn't exactly reap Little Dawn." Yin replied. "Sure we were there, but she couldn't talk to us and let us use our magic to reap her, too much was going on at the time."

Yang went quiet as his eyes widened, he slowly looked at Yin.

"Oh no." Yang said.

"Yeah." Yin said. "She's still out there somewhere."

"But, we did talk to her, I remember that." Yang said as he began to pace.

"True." Yin said. "But she walked out there and we didn't reap her then either, because she technically wasn't ready to be reaped."

Yang seemed very upset now. "This isn't good." He said. "She's been wandering for so long."

"I know, and when The Spirit Walk starts, hopefully, she'll be able to find us." Yin agreed.

"Now I feel like we owe her a second chance." Yang added.