Life and Death.

Death reared up onto his back legs and opened a dark portal behind him, a black mist came out and settled on the ground around Death, he huffed slightly as he stared at Shadow Rainbow.

"That was your attack?" She scoffed slightly. "How do you expect to defeat me?"

The mist began to materialize into seven other large ponies, wings opened as the mist was blown off, they were all Ponies of Death, they were still taller than Death was, but they didn't intimidate him anymore, now Shadow Rainbow was terrified.

"My attack called for back up." Death sneered. "And so they came."

"You've done a horrible deed." Another Pony of Death said.

"You must pay your debt that has long been overdue." Another Pony of Death said.

Shadow Rainbow used all of her magic and energy to try and slay the main Pony of Death, which was Death himself, but a strange, large pony took the full blow with ease, as if nothing actually happened. The pony that took the blow had the markings of the Pony of Death, but the part that was usually black was like a window into space, so when the pony moved, the stars would shift or trade out with others being moved in, this pony stopped in front of Shadow Rainbow and glared down at her, she looked horrified.

"No, it can't be!" She tried to deny it.

Death walked up next to the strange Pony of Death. "So, you know who he is?" Death asked.

"Everyone knows who I am." The strange Pony of Death said, he had a soft tone like a voice on the wind. "I am First Life."

Shadow Rainbow turned and went to run away, but was pulled back by a magic circle on the ground, now she was stuck in a black vortex.

"Please spare me!" Shadow Rainbow begged.

"Why should I?" Life asked. "You didn't spare my son."

Shadow Rainbow looked even more horrified. "I didn't know the First Ponies were your son's!" She exclaimed.

"Even if you did, you would not have spared them then." Life added. "You have avoided us for too long, now you must be reaped."

Life raised his head high and let his chest puff out, he extended his wings and looked down at Shadow Rainbow.

"I'll give you the option to go peacefully, or to go forcefully." Life said.

"I won't go at all!" Shadow Rainbow shouted.

Life wasted no time as he shot her with a reaping spell, forcing her soul out of her body and pulled into blackness by tormented pony souls who had the same fate before, Death was turned away the whole time so he couldn't watch, Life nudged Death's face with his.

"I know you don't like this job, but it does create balance." Life said.

"I know." Death agreed quietly.

Life was careful as he walked over to Shadow Rainbow's body and picked up the broken horns of Yang, he used a portal to transport the body elsewhere as he took Death to the castle where Yang was still unconscious, Yin was sleeping next to him as Life walked over to Yang's head, he used his magic to hold his horns there as he used his mane to tie it in place, then it healed almost instantly.

"Yang should wake up soon." Life said as he looked at Death. "But I want to have a chat with you before I go."

"Then let's take a walk." Death agreed.

Life and Death both left the castle as Celestia and Luna stood in a doorway, they couldn't believe what they saw, they looked at each other.

"Who was that?" Celestia asked.

"I'm not sure." Luna replied as she looked back to where they went.

After a couple of hours, Yang woke up, he looked around slightly before he woke Yin, who saw his horns were back and he just screamed.

"Okay, maybe it was a bad idea to wake you." Yang grumbled.

"They're back!" Yin began to sob as he pulled Yang close. "They're back and you're not dead!"

"What are you talking about?" Yang asked in confusion as he pulled away from Yin.

"Shadow Rainbow broke your horns off." Yin replied. "Of course you wouldn't remember, you got yourself knocked out for the whole time!"

"Then... how did I get them back?" Yang asked.

"I see you're awake now." Life said as he walked into the room. "How are you feeling?"

"Life!" Yin cheered happily. "Thank Yang you arrived!"

"Yin." Life greeted with a smile. "You never change."

Yin smiled then noticed Death, Death walked over and hugged Yang.

"I'm glad you're okay." Death said. "I would be lost if I did lose you."

Yang said noting as he hugged Death back, it took Yin a moment to realize it really was Death, but Life only found it amusing when he hugged Death too.

"I want you boys to keep a close eye on this one." Life said as he gestured to Death. "He's much stronger than the last ones you've trained, and he has a heart of gold to go with it."

Life said nothing more as he disappeared through a portal, Yin just pulled Death closer and hummed with joy as he squeezed him.

"Careful, you might just break him." Yang said.

"I can do whatever I want!" Yin said.

"Actually, you have to let me go." Death said. "I have things to do."

Yin groaned slightly as he let Death go, he walked through a portal to go off to reap ponies, Twilight and her friends saw Yang was back to his usual self and began asking questions, but they actually didn't have many of the answers themselves, so they both went home to wait for Death to come back.