Back to Ponyville.

It's been nearly a week since Tiara and Silver saw the blank flank and were now a little warier of the forest, everyone was outside playing about as Yang was watching over them, the Crusaders were hanging out somewhat by the forest making flower crowns.

"Yin was up late last night talking to Death about something." Scootaloo started.

"Like what?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"I'm not really sure, it was hard to make out." Scootaloo replied. "I tried to open the door, but it was actually locked for once, I wonder if a bad blank got too close to the house or something."

"I hope not." Apple Bloom said.

The three stopped and jumped to face the forest when something began to move closer, they knew it wasn't Rose because she'd be squealing or making some sort of noise, they were about to run and scream when Death stepped into sight, they let out a relieved sigh.

"We thought you were somepony else." Apple Bloom said.

"I know what you mean." Death said, he began walking onto the ground dragging his very long hair, it was about six feet behind him now. "I was trying to find Rose to give me a haircut again so everypony doesn't get stuck."

"Where does she like to hide?" Scootaloo asked.

"She doesn't hide, she goes on adventures." Death replied. "And that can range from Ponyville to outer space in .09 seconds."

"Oh." Sweetie Belle said in shock.

Death looked at her. "Hey, you use magic, right?" He asked.

"Uh, kind of, I'm not very good at it." Sweetie Belle replied.

"It's good enough for me." Death said, he laid down somewhat close to them. "My mother used to braid my hair all the time when I was just a little colt... well, smaller anyways."

"So, you want us to braid your mane?" Apple Bloom asked.

"I want Sweetie Belle to do it because she won't get stuck." Death replied, he looked at them. "And I want my tail done as well, it tangles a lot less."

"I'll do what I can." Sweetie Belle agreed.

She began trying to get his hair under control as she tried her best to braid it, but it wasn't going very well, all of a sudden, a white aura surrounded Death's hair and it was quickly braided, they all looked up to see Yang standing there.

"I see you're home." Yang said.

"Yeah, I couldn't find Rose anywhere." Death said.

"Any news?" Yang asked.

"Yeah, we're good, I'll keep an eye on them to make sure this doesn't happen again." Death replied.

"Very good, I'll send a letter immediately." Yang said as he began to walk off, he glanced back at Death. "Are you going to be going with us?"

"No thanks, I'm not wanted there." Death replied.

Yang didn't say anything as he kept walking, Apple Bloom looked at Death to see he was very upset, he got up and walked off around the corner of the house.

"What's wrong with him?" Scootaloo asked.

"I don't know, I couldn't ask." Apple Bloom replied.

After a while, Yang walked out as Death walked around the house again, but Death had the carriage with him.

"Come along, young ones, it's time to go." Yang said.

"Hooray, we get to go home!" One of the colts shouted.

They all got on the carriage and Yang was about to close it up, but Death walked over and stuck his head in.

"I want you all to be careful when you go back, I won't be watching you as closely, so please keep an eye on yourselves." Death said, he looked at Spike. "And if you want me to keep an eye out for pearls on my journies, I will."

"Nah, I'll be okay with the ones you gave me." Spike replied.

Death smiled slightly. "I'm sure she'd like them too if you want me to keep an eye out for her instead?" He suggested.

Spike thought for a moment. "I'll let you know if I see you again." He replied.

"Very well, goodbye for now." Death said.

Yang closed up the carriage and they went on their way, somehow picking Rose up along the way.

"So, why are you always going everywhere?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"I'm always wanting to learn new things, and the best way to do it is to explore and learn about the areas around you, right?" Rose asked.

"Uh, not necessarily." Scootaloo replied.

Rose looked out of the carriage and looked rather concerned about something, she squealed slightly as she tumbled out, shouting what's that as her voice became distant.

"What's wrong with that filly?" A colt asked.

"Nothing's wrong with her." Apple Bloom replied.

"Keep quiet, young ones." Yang said.

It fell silent as Yang finally got back to Ponyville, the princesses were all waiting with the other ponies.

"Were there any mishaps?" Luna asked.

"A couple of the fillies have wandered off a time or two." Yang replied.

"They're not in any danger now, are they?" Celestia asked.

"No, I have some other pony looking out for them all, he knows more than even I." Yang replied.

"Alright, we'll collect the fillies and colts." Celestia said.

All the fillies and colts got out of the cart and went back to their families, Twilight walked over and claimed Spike.

"Oh Spike, I'm glad you're okay!" She said happily, then she noticed the pearls. "Where'd you get those?"

"Oh, the Pony of Death gave them to me, he said I could keep them because he wasn't collecting them anymore." Spike replied.

"Isn't he, like, dangerous?" Twilight asked.

"He's not a really bad stallion once you get to know him." Spike said. "He's actually quite the softy when it comes to baking sweets, his favorite is cinnamon wheels."

"He cooks?" Twilight asked in confusion.

"Well, yeah, whenever we were eating, he would always cook for us." Spike replied. "He's a good friend of mine now."

"I doubt that." Twilight said.

"Doubt all you want, I know him better than you." Spike said.

Everypony went home for the night and turned in.