Mixed Message, Part 2 - Jun/The8

~ three months after the party

I woke up, soon realizing Jun was already gone from the bed. I sat up, rubbing my eyes. I quickly made the bed before going to the bathroom.

I had plans to go somewhere with Nia today. She told me to come and pick her up from Minghao's place. Honestly, that freaks me out. I haven't talked to, or even seen Minghao since that disaster of a party. And nothing's changed about what I feel. That's what's even worse.

I thought after a few months it would go away, since it only happened that one night. But I guess I'll just have to give it more time. I really hope that's all I need.

I walked out of the bathroom, grabbing my phone and seeing a text from Nia that she had sent a few minutes ago.

'can you come over a little early?'

I quickly texted her back with a 'sure, why not' but I didn't feel like going early. I didn't want to have the chance to see Minghao faster if I am to see him when I go over there.

I put my phone down and got dressed, delaying putting on my shoes for a minute. I walked out of the room to see where Jun was, if he hadn't gone somewhere. And I looked around most of the house, and I couldn't find him. He must've gone out for something..

Oh well, I guess that just means I can leave faster. I was looking to kill some time but now I don't have an excuse to. So I guess I'll just leave.

I put on my shoes and picked up my phone, sliding it into my purse that I was taking with me. And then I went to the door.

When I opened it, it was raining. How did I not notice that? Ugh, whatever.

I ran out to the car, opening the door and hopping in before I got too soaked. I better go to Nia's, I shouldn't keep her waiting anyways. But damn, do I really not feel like driving.

~

After ten minutes of painful driving, I finally made it to Minghao's house. Now, I just have to get Nia, and leave. I really wish it was that simple, but I'm probably going to have to talk to him.. But I also might not have to.. Alright, I need to get out of my head, and just freaking go.

I got out and ran to the front door, knocking on it as soon as I got there. It didn't take long for it to open, and Nia was there. Once she saw it was me, she pulled me inside.

"No- Wait! What are you doing?" I asked in a nervous voice.

"It's coming down out there, and it's going to get worse. We can't leave until it stops." She said.

"Nia.. I can't stay. I really don't want to stay. I've never been here-" I stopped myself when Minghao walked in.

I froze and my stomach dropped when I saw him. He gave me a confused look, and then turned to Nia.

"Aren't you going somewhere?" He asked.

"Er, well. I hope you don't mind, but we're gonna wait out the storm so Y/n doesn't wreck or anything." Nia said.

"Oh, yeah. That's fine." He said, walking towards the couch and sitting down.

"Come on Y/n, you can sit down." She said, pulling on my arm.

I really didn't want to follow her. I wanted to run out and wait in the car, but I couldn't.

"W-Wait. I left my car running." I said, getting her grip off my arm.

"Go cut it off, and then come back. Just sit there when you come back." She said, pointing towards a chair that was close to the couch.

Thank god, I don't have to sit that near Minghao. I didn't really leave my car running, I just wanted an excuse to leave for a little bit and take a breather.