The Stars - Joshua

* warning: this is cheesy but it's me writing about Joshua so what wouldn't be cheesy about it tbh

> you

I woke up in the middle of the night for the third time this week. Truthfully, this was more helpful than it was not. I guess I was just nervous, and that's what woke me up. You know, that kind of nervous that keeps you up on the night before holidays. You either don't sleep or you sleep and wake up an hour or so later.

I could feel Jisoo move away from me, in an attempt to get comfortable. Perfect..

I slowly got out of bed, trying to be as quiet as I possibly could. This apartment building has the best view from the roof.

I tried my best to get out of the apartment quietly and go onto the roof. It wasn't cloudy whatsoever tonight.. Which meant I could see more stars than usual. The sight of them all, accompanied by the moon, was breathtaking enough. I really loved nights like this.. It's not often I really go out like this, because usually Joshua has me in some kind of inescapable hold that doesn't allow me to get up. Not that I'm really complaining all that much. But it is nice when I do go out here.

When I was taking in all of the beauty from the sky, I heard the door to the roof open and I turned to see Jisoo. He had thrown on a sweater and made no attempt to smooth his hair out in he slightest. It was kind of funny, he looked like a bird attacked his head..

"Hey, Y/n.. I figured you'd be out here." He said in a sleepy voice, coming to stand next to me.

"Yeah, sorry I left you.. I just wanted to look at the stars. It's clear skies tonight.." I said pointing up to the sky.

Jisoo looked at it too, and he went silent for a few moments.

"It looks amazing.." He said, and I nodded in agreement.

"You didn't have me in that waist lock of no escape so I thought I'd just come have a look for a few minutes." I said, getting a question out of Jisoo right away.

"It's cold out here though.. We should probably go back inside soon. I don't want you to get sick or anything." He said, voice slightly more clear than when he had come out at first.

"Yeah, I guess you're right.. You need sleep anyways so I don't want to keep you up for that long. Let's go." I said, walking back with Jisoo by my side this time.

After getting back, we both got into bed. This time, Jisoo got comfortable quickly by wrapped his arms around my waist so there would be no method of escape for me this time. He knows that I'd never do anything that would risk him waking up.

"Hey, Y/n.." Joshua said in a gentle voice, causing me to open my eyes that had been shut for less than a minute.

"Yes?"

"I'm glad I looked at the stars with you.." Jisoo trailed off for a moment, only to continue his sentence, "It really reminded me of you."

"Really?" I asked, and I heard his hum as a sign of yes.

"I know that's really cheesy, but-"

"Yeah get out of here with that I'm lactose intolerant." I said, not being able to resist the joke. (I am so sorry, also if you're not lactose intolerant pls just appreciate my just wonderful humor)

Jisoo laughed, this time thinking about what he wanted to say next. He seemed to be trying to choose his words carefully.

"I just.. I'm really thankful for you. I'm sure you understand.. It's not like I wouldn't be. But I don't think I tell you enough. Like the sky isn't really clear on most nights, so you rarely see the stars. And on top of that, most of the time I'm preventing you from seeing them when the sky is clear. I don't know why but that really made me feel.. I don't know, just a bit unsure. I don't want to keep you from seeing beautiful things like that. I know that it's not that big of a deal but what if it gets bigger than just seeing stars on a clear night?" He asked, and I listened intently to every word he said.