Trip Back Home - Mingyu

I slightly adjusted my seatbelt after waking up from a nap, as it was quite uncomfortably set underneath my neck.

I looked out of the car window, seeing we were just going over a bridge. I looked to the front of the car, seeing a dim blinking number that read, '1:02 AM.' We still have about an hour and a half until we finally get back home.. I can't wait to get there and crash into bed after not being at my house for two weeks.

But obviously, I didn't forget how much fun I had on this trip with the little dork I went with. I proceeded to look to my left, seeing Mingyu leaning forward with his phone in his lap, intently watching a video of.. whales..?

I let out an amused sigh, causing Mingyu to look at me and jump. He didn't realize I had been awake until just now. From the dim phone light, I could see that he smiled slightly at me.

He cut off his phone, and I could then hear the shuffles of him moving around. He laid his cheek on my shoulder, whispering in my ear.

"I haven't slept for the whole time.. I think I'm about to change that." He said, and I pushed his face away.

"Not on me you aren't." I said, reluctantly.

I backed up until I was almost fully pressed against the door, and I could just tell that Mingyu was probably me one of his 'puppy pout' faces. Even though I couldn't see it, I could feel it, staring right into my soul.

I frowned, looking out the window again. We were going through some sort of city now, so it became illuminated in the car quickly.

I picked up my phone, deciding resorting to Tumblr for the moment would pass some time. I opened my phone, and then opened the app.

As I was scrolling through my suggested feed, I felt Mingyu press his face against my head. I looked up, glaring into an invisible camera, like in the office.

"What do you want?" I asked, turned my head slightly towards him.

"I want to sleep. Be my pillow please.." he said, dragging out the 'please.'

"What if I don't want to be your pillow?" I asked, and I immediately felt like he was gonna throw a fake tantrum in this car.

"But Y/n," he whined, grabbing my arm and shaking me, "I'm sleepy~" He then got close enough to where his nose touched my cheek, before quickly giving me a peck on the lips.

I hope the driver doesn't mind if I murder someone, not saying any names, in this car. (Just so you're not like 'omg wha-' I'm obviously hinting towards the little shit that is Kim Mingyu) I wonder what they'd think if they knew what was going on right now.

But at this point, I knew I had no other option but to give in. Either that or barrel roll out of this car.. But I guess I should let him sleep, I did sleep for the first hour of the ride back home after all.

"Ugh.. Fine. You can sleep on me, but I swear if you move around too much, I'm gonna slap you." I said quietly, and I felt Mingyu's cheek against my shoulder form into a devious smile.

Mingyu got comfortable. He rested his head on my shoulder, sprawling his arm out on my lap and the other against his stomach. I shook my head a little, really getting to the point where I was completely done with him.

I could still see the faint outline of a smile on his face out of the corner of my eye. That jerk.. He better not fake sleep on me.

For the rest of the ride back, Mingyu wasn't about to wake up. He would move just a little every once in a while, but he was basically out like a light. He slept like a baby, minus the slobber. (Thank god, honestly.) And every once in a while, you'd run your fingers through his hair or admire the cute looks on his face as he slept.

When you finally got home, you had gone right to bed. You decided that you were going to just unpack your stuff tomorrow. Mingyu on the other hand, decided that now was a good time for a.. about 3 A.M.-ish snack. He got to bed about 20 minutes after you did.

As he climbed into bed, you shivered slightly from the sudden coldness of Mingyu lifting up the sheets, and he quickly wrapped his arms around you, pulling you close and keeping you warm.

"I'm not really that tired Y/n, but I guess if you were my pillow, I should at least be your blanket." He said.

"Don't make me cringe.. But I don't mind you keeping me warm. So goodnight, Mingyu." You said, and Mingyu laughed.

You felt like road trips were the times when you were closest to Mingyu. It was kind of obvious why. Since most of the time you went on them, it was just the two of you. You weren't complaining one bit, you loved it.

You especially felt calm down, going to sleep in Mingyu's arms at home after a very tiring vacation.

--------------------------------------------------
• A/N •
Hello everyone! This imagine was short, but I love Mingyu and haven't written for him in a while so I thought I would try to be more diverse with who I'm writing for. (Specifically with hip-hop unit) also I'm writing late so excuse any mistakes, but thank you for reading! Bye!~