❆Jeonghan❆

"We're almost done, right? It feels like we've been here for hours.." Jeonghan whined as he was messing with my hands, watching me look carefully over possible gifts for family members.

"It's only been around one hour, and to be honest, I really have no idea." I said as I faced him, making Jeonghan act even more like a difficult six year old. He let go of my hands to let me do the looking without getting distracted.

"Are you kidding me? Why can't you just pick out whatever seems fitting? It's the thought that counts."

"Yes, Jeonghan. I'm not looking for disappointing thoughts."

"That's not what that means- Well, whatever! Just get the stupid penguin. It's the cutest.. And let's go. I'm bored.." He said.

I took his advice and ending up buying some penguin themed thing that my cousin said she wanted. We left the store and walked through the crowded mall, which came eventually to me having to make a quick stop.

"Hold on, I gotta go to the bathroom. Stay here." I said, leaving Jeonghan with all the stuff as he reluctantly agreed.

After going to the bathroom, I came back out to find that Jeonghan disappeared. Where is the actual hell did he go? I don't want to be here any more than he does and he just decides to leave me?

I walked away from the bathroom, checking in stores around it until I saw Jeonghan looking at a candle display.

This was an automatic nope.

I speed walked towards him, making him jump from grabbing his shoulder so suddenly.

"Jeonghan, I swear that knowing the both of us we'd forget about these candles and then burn the whole place down. I wouldn't suggest getting one." I said, and he just shook his head.

"I wasn't planning on it. I was just smelling the different scents. Most of them aren't even that good.." He said, making me chuckle slightly from the tone he used.

"Let's just go. I can't think of anything else I needed so we can leave." I said, making Jeonghan sigh in relief.

On our way home, Jeonghan was anxiously glancing over the bags. I wasn't going to ask for what reason, it was kind of funny seeing him do it.

But when we got home, oh boy did I have a lot of present wrapping to do. I had all the stuff lied out already because I had done some the previous night, so it wasn't that much of a hassle getting started.

Later on, a particularly sweet smelling scent became apparent to me. I confusedly looked up, stopping the cutting I was doing on the wrapping paper to turn slightly and see Jeonghan admiring none another than a freaking candle on the kitchen counter.

"Jeonghan, when did you get that?" I asked, causing him to become alert.

"Oh! Well.. I liked this one. I bought it before you busted me for looking at them." He said, laughing awkwardly.

"Are you serious? Do you actually want to risk burning down this house just to make it smell good?" I asked.

"But.. It's Christmas cookies.." He said with a pained smile.

Oh shit, Christmas cookies.. They make everyone a victim.. Jeez. Even now I'm starting to understand why he got it.

"..Still.. Just looking at it is making me anxious that we'll forget. You know what happened last-"

"Don't mention last time! That dish cloth had it coming anyways." He said.

"Your personal grudges towards that dish cloth is not what matters in this situation. It's the fact that you've possibly put the entire house in danger. How many did you get?" I asked, standing up.

"Uh.." He got more nervous as I walked over to him, "totally not four of the same one.."

"Jeonghan! Why in the actual hell would you-"

"Wait just a minute!" He protested, walking next to me to put an arm around my shoulder and pet my hair, "my precious, precious, Y/n. You see.. Christmas cookie candles are wonderful. You and me both know that very well. So do not question my decision and enjoy the smell of the sweet candles. You're welcome."

As he finished talking, he gave me a kiss on the cheek and left me standing there. I was really confused.. But he definitely wasn't far off from the truth about the candles themselves.

But for now, I'm blowing this one out.

And resisting throwing every single candle out the window.