Just give me a reason

~~~~ Based on the song "Just give me a reason" by Pink Ft. Nate Ruess ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tony:

     "We're collecting dust but our love's enough...You're holding it in...You're pouring a drink."

     You and Tony had been having troubles lately. You were always arguing, he was always drinking, you were always arguing about his drinking. Nothing seemed to be going right and at this point you were wondering why you even stayed. At the moment you were in another one of your arguments.

     "Tony you have to stop drinking!" You shouted at him as you found his intoxicated self sitting on the couch. Ever since the civil war between Steve and him things haven't been the same.

     "You don't run my life." He responded while taking another sip from his drink.

     "Yeah, well I'm not gonna stick around and watch you ruin it or kill yourself." You said, giving up on any chance of reaching him. You walked over to your purse, picking it up and grabbing your keys.

     "Where are you going?" He asked, stumbling to his feet and chasing after you.

     "Away from here. I can't do this anymore." You say, not turning around because you knew if you did then you wouldn't leave him.

     "Wait...Don't leave..." You heard him mumble. You slowly turned around and you felt your heart break into a million tiny pieces when you saw him.

     "I need help..." He said, barely audible. You dropped your purse and slowly walked over to him. You wrapped your arms around him and you felt him break down in your arms.

     "Don't leave me..." He whispered.

     "I'm not going anywhere." You say while just holding him.

Steve:

     "Right from the start...You were a thief, you stole my heart...And I your willing victim."

     You and Steve have been through thick and thin together and right from the start you knew you were in too deep. You gave Steve everything and at this point you were wondering why you did.

     "Why don't you share things with me? Why all the secrets?" You ask getting frustrated with him.

     "I can't tell you." He said, trying to hold in the secrets that were threatening to crush him.

     "Why not?" You ask.

     "I just can't." Is all he can reply.

     "Steve, I gave you everything and you have just shut me out. You have my heart but I don't think I can do this anymore. I'm sorry." You fade off towards the end while walking to the door.

     "Wait." He said while grabbing your hand. You tried to pull away but he was too strong.

     "I want to tell you everything but I can't. I have to keep you safe and if that means keeping secrets then I don't see the problem." Steve said honestly.

     "Steve, you don't have to protect me. I work in the same line of work as you. I know the risks that come with this line of work and that come with being with you. And I came with eyes open. I don't care what happens if I know your secrets, I want to know them. I want to know everything about you. I don't need your protection." You give this grand speech.

     "I know you don't need my protection but I will always protect you. You are everything to me and I don't want to lose you. I guess that's why I have been keeping secrets. Because I'm worried that if you know those secrets, you will decide to leave me. And I don't want to lose you." He admits.