Take on the World

Tony:

"You should've known, I wish it was me, not you."

     It was the day of Tony's memorial. Nothing could have prepared you for this but you put on a brave face for your children and held onto the last bit of strength you had. Everyone was in the house, talking about Tony, or anything to distract from the loss of Tony. You snuck out and sat at the end of the dock, where you could still see the memorial drifting off on the lake. You slipped your shoes off and put your feet in the water and let it smooth over you.

"Tony..... I feel stupid trying to talk to you like this but I don't know what else I can do. Why? Why did it have to be you? We had a good life, a perfect family, and now it's all gone. I want you to be here, with me. Hell I'd rather you were here and I was dead. Anything but this. This pain, this hole in my chest, it's unbearable. I don't think I can do this without you. I don't want to do this without you. But I have to. God, I wish it was me not you. I am so sorry, I should have done more. Somehow. Tony.....I need you.....I miss you.....I love you." You break down into sobs and you clutch onto one of Tony's jackets that you brought with you. You felt arms wrap around you and you turn to see Peter holding you, and you break down with him comforting you.

Steve:

"Look in my eyes, I will never desert you"

     Steve was going back in time to put the stones back and you were worried he may want to stay in his time rather than with you. You were standing with Bucky and Sam while he was saying his goodbyes. Once he had finished he was standing in front of you.

     "Lieutenant." He says.

     "Captain." You choke out, the words getting caught in your throat.

     "What's wrong?" Steve asks, pulling you into his arms.

     "What if everything you want, everything you've dreamed of is back there and not here. I just worry." You mumble into his chest.

     "Darling, everything I want is right here, in this time, in this moment. With you and our children, there is nothing for me there. She married a man she loves, and they have beautiful children, it would be selfish of me to ruin that. Besides I'm right where I am meant to be, with you. I will never desert you." Steve says as he pulls back to look in your eyes.

     "Come back to me." You whisper before gently kissing him, knowing that he would never leave you.

      "Always" And in the next moment he was off on his mission. You sat down on a bench near the sight and anxiously waited. Then a minute later strong arms wrapped around you and knew he was home. You got off the bench and wrapped your arms around him.

     "You are my home."

Clint:

"And just say you're hurt, we'll face the worst"

     You thought that you were going to lose everything in the fight against Thanos, but Clint was the one who was lost Natasha. His best friend, and there was no way you could imagine what he was going through, but you were there for him every step of the way. There was nothing you could say to make it better, and seeing him right now, sitting on the floor in your bedroom, with tears falling from his eyes, broke your heart. You gently put down your purse and sat down next to him. He looked at you and your heart broke into a million little pieces. You pulled him into your arms and held him while he let it all out.