Can I hold your hand?/ Take my hand

Tony:

     You knew by dating the infamous Tony Stark that you would be in the media all the time. And you knew that there would have to endure parties, you just underestimated how intense those parties would be. You held your breath as another hoard of people stumbled past you, drunk off their minds.

     "Hey babe!" Tony shouts as he enters the room. You give him a tight lipped smile and wave to him. He bounds over to you and kisses you like everything is normal. And you realize that to him, this is normal, this is his life. And in that moment you were terrified because this is not your life, and you don't think it ever could be your life.

     "What's wrong?" He asks, once he notices your stiffness.

     "Nothing's wrong, I just feel a little off." You mumble so quietly that he can barely make out what you said.

     "Obviously something's wrong, just tell me so I can help you." He urges you to tell him but you just shake your head and start to pull away.

     "I'm going to get out of here." You say as you start to walk away.

     "What on earth are you talking about? You live here!" He calls as he follows you into an empty room.

      "I can't do this Tony!" You shout as you finally break down.

     "What do you mean?" He asks as he takes a step towards you. But you take a step back, not wanting contact because you know it would make you fall apart.

     "I can't live this life that you do. I thought I could but I can't. I thought that I could brush it off and put on a smile, and that everything would be okay. I thought that because I love you, that I could live a life that wasn't right for me." You feel the tears start to fall and you don't even have the strength to move away from Tony as he approaches you.

     "Can I hold your hand?" He asks, and you lightly nod, viciously wiping at the tears fall from your eyes. He gently takes your hand and places a kiss on it.

     "Do you feel that?" He asks, and you shake your head, confused.

     "Our hands fit together perfectly, and I don't plan on ever letting that change. I didn't take into consideration your needs and wants. I was thinking about my life, not ours. We are in this together now, and I need to realize that. Hell, I tear down this entire tower if that made your happy, because you are the only thing that makes me truly happy, and makes life worth living. I love you."

     "Tony?"

     "Yes?"

    "Never let go."

Steve:

     It was your second or third date and Steve had been taking things slow. Not that you minded because you knew he was an old fashioned guy. But it was on this date where he finally worked up the courage to hold your hand. Not before stuttering and asking your permission first of course.

     "So, if it's alright with you.....can I maybe.... Perhaps... " He stuttered through the whole sentence before he could actually get anything out.

     "What Steve?" you ask, hoping he would make some sort of move.

     "Nevermind, it was stupid." He mutter while looking down. You loop your arm through his and tug him to your side.

     "I'm sure it's not stupid. Just tell me." You squeeze his arm and he smiles down on you.

     "Can I hold your hand?" He shyly asks, and you smile before nodding happily. He slowly slips his hand into yours, and it fits perfectly. Not that you believed in fate, but this sure felt like it was preordained by destiny.